Like Tree1Likes

Tseung Kwan O: Metro City, good/bad/ugly?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tseung Kwan O: Metro City, good/bad/ugly?

We are moving to HK in mid Jan and will have a month in a serviced apartment first to look for a place to rent.

My boyfriend will be working in Central and not sure if tseung kwan o is a pain to travel, especially if we have a late one there on weekends.

I know there are lots of easy ways travelling to the airport too, but does anyone know how long it takes?

I am a HK Chinese who has not lived in HK for 18 years so am a bit out of touch. My boyfriend is a Geordie from UK!! So having good transport link to sports bar which shows live football for Newcastle would be pretty important!!!

Any other good/bad/ugly feedback most welcome

Thanks!

For all your public transport enquiries: http://ptes.td.gov.hk/routesearch.aspx

I'd avoid TKO since there's a big landfill smack in the middle of it, Reeks like heck in the summer.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo
    I'd avoid TKO since there's a big landfill smack in the middle of it, Reeks like heck in the summer.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Really, I've never noticed it in 2 years (the reek that is). You ever actually been to TKO?

Why are you looking there - what is the attraction? Perhaps if we understood your preferences (budget, travelling time, what type of environment you are looking for, size etc) we might be able to suggest alternatives.

Of course I have. One of the main reasons why I chose not to buy there.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamlay
    Really, I've never noticed it in 2 years (the reek that is). You ever actually been to TKO?
    Posted via Mobile Device

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07
    Why are you looking there - what is the attraction?
    Good question. I can only see negatives about TKO. It's the worst-planned new town out of all of them, and it's also one of the most recent, which goes to show that Hong Kong's planning is going backwards.

I cannot recall ever going there so I wouldn't want to prejudge the issue - there may be a perfectly good reason the OP wants to live there. Having a landfill is not necessarily a problem if it is well managed and perhaps it is the only place the OP can find enough space at a reasonable price ... but very hard to tell any of this from her posts!.

Come, friendly bombs, fall on Hang Hau
    It isn't fit for humans now

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo
    Posted via Mobile Device
    TKO encompasses a fairly wide geographic region of the New Territories. The landfill you are referring to is in Lohas Park which is just one small area.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast