View Poll Results: Better Studio Service Apartment for Working Husband and House wife

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Como Como Causeway Bay

0 0%
  • 2 Mac Donnell Road

0 0%

Service Apartments Pick between the two

Closed Thread

Exclamation Service Apartments Pick between the two

Hi All,
    I am moving to HK this Jan and have been given option of taking a Studio apartment in one of the two apartments in HK. As i have no idea about HK will appreciate if you can provide any support in making my decision easier. the choices are Como Como apartments at Causeway Bay and 2 Mac Donnell Road apartment. Few Considerations for me to make the decision :
    Location, Proximity to MTR, Gym facility (both have in-house, but not sure which one is better), Kitchen, Overall facilities in apartment and View.

Any suggesstions ?
    thanks
    Chopra

McDonnell Road is a good area. Causeway Bay I find quite hectic

stayed in macdonnell a few years back. abit old (the furnitures, e.g. sofa was sagging).. they might have renovated that place i am not sure.

the proximity to MTR is abit of a myth. straight distance yes, you can easily walk down the hill to HSBC building but going back up will be quite tedious. the route to walk up is also not clear, i.e. you have to zigzag across several different roads/paths to get back up. chances are you'd end up taking the bus (12M i think) or taxi.

but i agree its a much nicer environment than CWB.

p.s. i typed 'they might have renovated that place' but posted on the forum i am seeing two 'might's

Last edited by freeier; 07-12-2010 at 03:07 PM.

Two people in a studio - one of whom not working? Blimey. Do you have any idea how small those places are going to be?

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    Two people in a studio - one of whom not working? Blimey. Do you have any idea how small those places are going to be?
    Well my wife will be visiting from London for initial one month only, so i am assuming that should not be a problem. One of the reason i was inclined for an area like Causeway is because , it will keep her busy

Quote Originally Posted by bak875:
    McDonnell Road is a good area. Causeway Bay I find quite hectic
    Thanks. Any idea how are these apartments in particular?

Quote Originally Posted by freeier:
    stayed in macdonnell a few years back. abit old (the furnitures, e.g. sofa was sagging).. they might have renovated that place i am not sure.

the proximity to MTR is abit of a myth. straight distance yes, you can easily walk down the hill to HSBC building but going back up will be quite tedious. the route to walk up is also not clear, i.e. you have to zigzag across several different roads/paths to get back up. chances are you'd end up taking the bus (12M i think) or taxi.

but i agree its a much nicer environment than CWB.

p.s. i typed 'they might have renovated that place' but posted on the forum i am seeing two 'might's
    Thanks.
    much nicer enviornment means? ...so will you suggest Mc Donnell apartments too?

haven't compared them recently so not in good position to tell.
    i personally wld not want to stay in 2mac again. but that's just personal preference.