Living on campus of off?

Closed Thread

Living on campus of off?

Hi everyone!

I'm an exchange student for the upcoming spring semester! Earlier in my application process, my school said that there weren't enough dorms and I would need to find my own off campus accommodation. I actually did find a place last week and put in deposit and everything but couple days ago the school informed in that I was able to get dorm (what great timing right?!) So anyways, I just wanted to hear some of your opinions, Do you think it's better to live on campus or off? I actually never lived in dorms before so I have no idea how that is haha

I know living on campus will save me a lot of money but the deposit that I put in the apartment, I would probably not be able to get that back right? (and would I have to pay the additional months for breaking the lease if I chose to live in dorms)

My daughter went to HKU and made the mistake of living with me (her mum could have told her that)
    When you live off-campus you miss most of what is going-on after-school - like trips to LKF and Carnegies in Wanchai.
    Part of the experience and point of the exchange is to hang-out with fellow students - both local and from abroad. Don't miss it.
    Live on - everytime and be philosophical about lost deposit - life is full of lost deposits