Like Tree2Likes

3 bed room apt Discovery bay

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

3 bed room apt Discovery bay

hi,

we are planning to relocate to hk in a few months and thinking abt to move to Discovery Bay. any suggestions for nice condos close to the ferry? we are looking for a 3 bedroom min 1500sft with a nice balcony. our budget is 50k per month. i heard that chianti is less expensive but not recommended due to construction work, management...
    or is 50k not enough to find something nice? any help is highly appreciated.

thanks

discovery bay isn't that big. you can walk to the ferry from most places in 10-15 minutes max. but i would look at the beach village, seahorse lane etc. you can also look at la cost, la vista and la serene.

you shouldn't have any trouble finding something in your budget. a friend of mine just moved into a 3 bed (plus helper's room), with newly renovated kitchen & bathrooms, loads of built in storage, a small paved back garden and a lawned front garden. they only pay $40k/month.

Agree with Carang, for that budget you'll find something very nice in the Beach Village - low rise with terrace or small garden in walking distance to the ferry pier.

super. tks for info... do all the condos have pool/gym on site or do u depend on club memberships?

There are 2 Resident Clubs in DB - membership gives you access to both. Only very few places in Headland Drive have private pools.
    Posted via Mobile Device

you ARE asking for a lot, arent' you? private pool thrown in the mix? don't think so... you'll have to join the club.

yeah. i'm trying to find out as much as i can before i come to hk as i would like to "set up" everything before my wife will join me 1 month later. and im not sure how much time i have while starting the new job.
    what i read about db sounds very good. i think its gonna be easy for her to meet people with all the play groups and other mothers in db

thanks again for your help

Chianti has its own pool that is free for residents. But all the other buildings will need to join the clubhouse.

I think DB has grown a bit since Carang was there. Chianti is about a 25 minute (not 10-15 min) walk from the ferry. I know because I used to live and did it occasionally for a bit of exercise. But most times you will need to take the internal bus.

sorry, only went to chianti a few times. We did live in the greens for a wile though..
    Posted via Mobile Device

Chianti has the problem that is is and will be surrounded by major construction for quite a number of years to come.
    As I said before, for that budget you can get something really nice in a low rise with some outdoor area.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Mat likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast