Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By PDLM

what happened?

Closed Thread

what happened?

I just returned to Hong Kong after having been away for several months and noticed a few changes. One of them is the disappearance of a couple of websites that I used to browse, they were for expats to exchange info by the way, would anyone know what happened to them? Thanks.

Would help if you actually named them.

Sorry my bad. Think one of them was hkexpats but can't remember the other (which seemed to be used mostly by overseas Hong Konger).

hkexpats seems to have a problem with its front page at the moment, but you can still get into the forums. HKExpats.com - the site FOR Hong Kong expats BY Hong Kong expats

But that's a very small group of (mostly) British long-term expats with a lot of history and in-jokes. And not particularly welcoming to outsiders. For expat info in general there's nowhere better than where you are right now.

rani, carang and JaredHK like this.

haha. that's one good way to keep a relevant but competitive link on the page ? 8-)
    not that i don't disagree.. but comical.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    hkexpats seems to have a problem with its front page at the moment, but you can still get into the forums. HKExpats.com - the site FOR Hong Kong expats BY Hong Kong expats

But that's a very small group of (mostly) British long-term expats with a lot of history and in-jokes. And not particularly welcoming to outsiders. For expat info in general there's nowhere better than where you are right now.
    So that's where the Load Toad disappeared to.