Like Tree2Likes

Urgently seeking info on Valiant Park

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Hi LBR,

Regarding water, things have no improved since Fiona's time. So, it happens regularly that you end up with really dark/brown water when showering, which is not pleasant... also, we ended up adding Panasonic water filters to the tap, so we have clean water to cook and rinse dishes. and you drink bottled water, like everywhere else in HK.

regarding noise, my real problem is more the elevators. they're very noisy, and quite disturbing starting at 5am everyday. however, this might be caused by being close to elevator shaft on top floor. still, watch out for that elevator noise if on other floor - might be similar...

regarding internet, the only provider is PCCW. no other choice. however, it's fiber, meaning the speed is amazing. we download a lot, and never had issues. we also watch tv in streaming, and same speed an quality. so, you might not have a choice, but the only one available is very good.

i hope this helped, let us know where you'll live in the end...
    cheers,
    F

Hi fmv,

Thank you for the note.

I like the sound of fast and quality internet :-)

I went back to the apartment to check the water. It seems slightly yellow in the bathroom and clear in the kitchen (or at least when I checked!).

We have decided to take the apartment and hope that the water will not become too much of an issue with water filters and buying water etc.

Many thanks for your help!

Cheers,
    LBR

Quote Originally Posted by LBR:
    Hi fmv,

Thank you for the note.

I like the sound of fast and quality internet :-)

I went back to the apartment to check the water. It seems slightly yellow in the bathroom and clear in the kitchen (or at least when I checked!).

We have decided to take the apartment and hope that the water will not become too much of an issue with water filters and buying water etc.

Many thanks for your help!

Cheers,
    LBR
    No doubt you'll enjoy it! Welcome to Valiant Park :-)
    Fiona in HKG likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by fmv:
    Hi LBR,

Regarding water, things have no improved since Fiona's time. So, it happens regularly that you end up with really dark/brown water when showering, which is not pleasant... also, we ended up adding Panasonic water filters to the tap, so we have clean water to cook and rinse dishes. and you drink bottled water, like everywhere else in HK.

regarding noise, my real problem is more the elevators. they're very noisy, and quite disturbing starting at 5am everyday. however, this might be caused by being close to elevator shaft on top floor. still, watch out for that elevator noise if on other floor - might be similar...

regarding internet, the only provider is PCCW. no other choice. however, it's fiber, meaning the speed is amazing. we download a lot, and never had issues. we also watch tv in streaming, and same speed an quality. so, you might not have a choice, but the only one available is very good.

i hope this helped, let us know where you'll live in the end...
    cheers,
    F
    True about the elevator noise, I was on the floor below the top so put it down to noise transfer from the liftwell on the roof.

OP, hope you enjoy your time at VP, there are days I wish I was still there, usually after running to, and missing, a DB ferry
    Last edited by Fiona in HKG; 06-03-2013 at 04:29 PM. Reason: typo

Hi all,
    Is the water quality still bad? Where can one buy Panasonic water filters from?
    Am considering an apt at VP and a little concerned with poor water quality, showering in brown water etc... Also a bit surprised that you have to pay to use the pool? And it's only open 3 months a year?