Like Tree19Likes

Renting on Park Island

Reply
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
  1. #11

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    18

    mm.. i guess my jobs stable but still there are too many 'uncertainties' involved..

    its a new country, new job, and a housing market that i have no idea about.. maybe after a year or so i might look to invest..??


  2. #12

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    18

    wow thanks for the most up-to-date rental prices!
    i would love ocean views too.. mm.. but 1.5~2K lower for a garden view doesnt sound too bad either. I saw some ads on other sites where oceanviews were like 11~12K? but I think it was overlooking the old villages or had no balcony.. or something like that..
    Im guessing the apartments were in the 700sqft range?

    How are the management/maintainence(?) fees? Im guessing high-speed internet would be part of it? Maybe im wrong.

    I can't wait till i get myself over there and check the place out myself.
    Thanks for the update too!!


  3. #13

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Gold Coast Marina
    Posts
    17,970
    Quote Originally Posted by illread
    .. ive looked (not physically, but through the net) at different places and seem to be leaning strongly towards park island..
    I STRONGLY suggest that you don't base your search entirely on the net. you really need to visit these places. I don't know about Park Island, but I do know that the Gold Coast Residences (near where I live) have a website that is downright deceptive regarding photographs and stuff (like, entire buildings are painted out of the views etc; roads are made to look like grassy areas) and I have seen similar on other websites for HK. It's REALLY hard to imagine what HK is like without being here. It's so different from Australia as to be another universe. So, do your research, but please take alot of it with a pinch of salt.
    Satay Sue likes this.

  4. #14

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07
    I STRONGLY suggest that you don't base your search entirely on the net. you really need to visit these places. I don't know about Park Island, but I do know that the Gold Coast Residences (near where I live) have a website that is downright deceptive regarding photographs and stuff (like, entire buildings are painted out of the views etc; roads are made to look like grassy areas) and I have seen similar on other websites for HK. It's REALLY hard to imagine what HK is like without being here. It's so different from Australia as to be another universe. So, do your research, but please take alot of it with a pinch of salt.
    yup yup thx for the advice. im planning on going into a serviced apartment for a month.. so i can visit several places before i make up my mind. but park island's definitely number 1 on my list so far.. i can deal with the transport problems (i mean it cant be worse than sydney's cityrail.....)

  5. #15

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Gold Coast Marina
    Posts
    17,970
    Quote Originally Posted by illread
    yup yup thx for the advice. im planning on going into a serviced apartment for a month.. so i can visit several places before i make up my mind. but park island's definitely number 1 on my list so far.. i can deal with the transport problems (i mean it cant be worse than sydney's cityrail.....)
    Transport problems are the least of the worries in HK! The worst here is nothing compared to Sydney.

    Park Island is a strange place though - if it fits your criteria then that's great, and there are a few people on here who advocate it very strongly, and there are others who, having lived there, hate the place. Did you read the long thread on it? I'll link if I can find it......

    Here you go: http://hongkong.geoexpat.com/forum/61/thread65839.html the end of this one was quite a battle between the pro and con factions.
    Last edited by MovingIn07; 15-04-2011 at 08:07 AM.
    illread likes this.

  6. #16

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07
    Transport problems are the least of the worries in HK! The worst here is nothing compared to Sydney.

    Park Island is a strange place though - if it fits your criteria then that's great, and there are a few people on here who advocate it very strongly, and there are others who, having lived there, hate the place. Did you read the long thread on it? I'll link if I can find it......

    Here you go: http://hongkong.geoexpat.com/forum/61/thread65839.html the end of this one was quite a battle between the pro and con factions.
    dayamn thats a long thread.. just scheming thru it, seems like theres no 'middle' ground.. haha its either u really like it or u dont.

    i think ill dedicate an hour or so on the weekend reading thru the thread.. appreciate the link!!

  7. #17

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    in my home
    Posts
    3,463
    Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07
    Here you go: http://hongkong.geoexpat.com/forum/61/thread65839.html the end of this one was quite a battle between the pro and con factions.
    I like to think i won that argument

  8. #18

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    18

    i read the thread.. and park island still seems pretty nice
    i dunno how u can win an argument when its just different preferences ppl have..
    but it got me to think about other places more no doubt

    i juss gotta get my ass over there.. cant wait till june


  9. #19

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Gold Coast Marina
    Posts
    17,970
    Quote Originally Posted by illread
    i read the thread.. and park island still seems pretty nice
    i dunno how u can win an argument when its just different preferences ppl have..
    but it got me to think about other places more no doubt
    That's all it needed to do Only you know your preferences - now at least you might have a better chance of matching them with something here!

  10. #20

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    in my home
    Posts
    3,463
    Quote Originally Posted by illread
    I dunno how u can win an argument when its just different preferences ppl have..
    I was joking, but as movin' said ... I was just offering my experience from living there. Still know people living there that love it. To each their own.

Reply
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast