Like Tree19Likes

Renting on Park Island

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BenderBends
    I was joking, but as movin' said ... I was just offering my experience from living there. Still know people living there that love it. To each their own.
    yup yup your comments certainly did help too.. coz up until then, i only saw comments where ppl were unbelievably happy and satisfied with the place.. sort of unrealistic in a way. This forum thing is really helpful.. lol

All discussion is of course good. I read the other LONG thread also. It seems one or two people are very bitter, for some reason, and said so many very unusual things, so I would take the negative comments with a grain of salt. These people are probably the type who come to HK and complain about so many things. My friends who live there LOVE it, and I must say I myself can definately see the attraction. I like the excitement of Soho, but the real annoyance of noice, construction and pollution would make me seriously consider park island when my lease is due for the renewal. (And also I have a desire for more space in my apartment).

Quote Originally Posted by chateau
    It seems one or two people are very bitter, for some reason, and said so many very unusual things, so I would take the negative comments with a grain of salt. These people are probably the type who come to HK and complain about so many things.
    Exactly. I must be bitter and miserable everywhere in the world because after living in Park Island (aka the garden of Eden?) for 5 years I found that my cons outweighed my pros. Yes, we must all fall in line and share same opinion on living spaces, your opinions are fact and mine are jaded. Exactly.
    Skyhook, pumi23 and Loz_2 like this.

Well, just moved to Park Island in April this year and so far so good. There are many people moving in and out of Ma Wan and each has their own valid reasons, me too. I can not say for sure that I will hate or still be loving this place a few months down the road but everything indicates ok thus far.

The occupancy of this place is climbing up, as well as the rental and unit prices. 2 bedrooms are now shouting from 12k, with basic stuff like air-con, fridge, washer, etc. Change is the constant here too and I still agree with either-you-like-or-hate for this place.

Last edited by beeman; 22-04-2011 at 05:47 PM.

My friends who live there tell me the same thing. Every day it seems removal vans arrive with new families (usually expats) moving in. The sad thing, in some ways, is that for every new person moving in, there are people being pushed out due to land lords raising rents. The people being pushed out are the local Chinese who initially moved there, and the expats who first arrived attracted by the high qualty and affordable rents. Still, this is HK, money talks, and really the prices there for the quality of living there I think are very fair. 12K for 2 brms is still very cheap I would say.

Beeman. Why did you move there, instead of HK island for example?

Chateau. I was staying in North Point before moving to PI. I would say my first priority would be for our baby - with a less polluted environment, 3 club houses, less congested housing estate, sufficient transportation etc... Totally agree with HK a money talk place, all tenants, let them be commercial or residential are all under the same pressure. I was a bit lucky as I was taking my friend's unit, who is the owner of the unit, and the only person whom "push out" by me is him... :P

Quote Originally Posted by beeman
    Chateau. I was staying in North Point before moving to PI. I would say my first priority would be for our baby - with a less polluted environment, 3 club houses, less congested housing estate, sufficient transportation etc... Totally agree with HK a money talk place, all tenants, let them be commercial or residential are all under the same pressure. I was a bit lucky as I was taking my friend's unit, who is the owner of the unit, and the only person whom "push out" by me is him... :P
    Thanks. I can undertsand that, and think for sure its beneficial for the air quality. I am amazed seeing parents in Central pushing the pram, with no concern at all, it seems, for their babies health. I think if you bring a child to HK, you should at the least provide him with the opportunity of getting some clean air. People in HK understimate the importance of clean air.

Another (unintended) benefit I see on Park Island from some foreign children is that the kindergarten and play for the children is mixed in English and local languange, so these expats learn a local language so naturally. I know some parents who worry about kids gettig confused between 2 languages, but I can tell you kids are so smart and will pick up the distinstiction, so this is another gift you can him him.

My friend who is just arriving in HK friend is looking to rent around 1200-1500 sq ft for budget of 45K. He is going CRAZY looking all over HK (including Bel Air, Belchers, Realty Garden, Robinson Road, Bagieo Villa). He already also looked at North Point, and also some very local Chinese locations I never heard of!. Really he has seen or considered 100+ places, all have something unsatisfactory so we are in fact going to Park Island today to look around as our friends who live there reccomended it. It looks like it will be a nice day, so perhaps I will even spend some time on my sun tan today by the pool there.

It is a beautiful day for sun tan, you can even spend some time at the public beach, and having some beers at the nearby restaurants. My friend likes the Thai restaurant and we were drinking until the last hour before his flight back to the UK.

45k budget is way above average and all the best in the hunting today.

Quote Originally Posted by beeman
    It is a beautiful day for sun tan, you can even spend some time at the public beach, and having some beers at the nearby restaurants. My friend likes the Thai restaurant and we were drinking until the last hour before his flight back to the UK.

45k budget is way above average and all the best in the hunting today.
    I already live here and will be at that thai restaurant drinking Singha beer tonight

Has your friend tried looking at Gold Coast? For 45k he can easily afford one of the beautiful beach houses they have.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast