Moving to Hong Kong in May -looking for suggestions on where to live

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

thanks - open plan with oven and a counter of (relatively) respectable size is what i meant. also assume dishwashers are non-existent? probably not a big deal given you'd hire help.

ok - well in that case you probably need to find one (or more) agents and give them very specific instructions to that effect. To my knowledge (and others probably have better knowledge on this) there are no buildings where that is standard, so I stand by my view that finding something renovated by an expat (or enlightened local!) is the way to go. I had a friend who had such a place in Happy Valley - he was a keen cook and said the kitchen had been renovated by an expat and was terrific. None of the places I looked at had anything like it though and none of the flats I have since been in (visiting friends etc) has either. I got mine by moving onto a houseboat! Obviously, I think the larger places aimed at the expat market may be better, so it's really a problem of size. But need others to jump on if there is any better advice!

Min07's advice is spot on in my opinion. There aren't really developments like that - find a good agent who's used to dealing with expats and brief them well. You'll need to get something temporary for your first month or so here.

Thanks guys - very helpful. I will be in a company provided serviced apartment thing for a couple of months, so hopefully enough time to scour through options.