Any opinion on Island Crest versus One Pacific Heights?

Any opinion on Island Crest versus One Pacific Heights?

Hi I'm moving to HK and have been looking at 2 bedroom apartments in the range of $25,000/month. Does anyone have an opinion on the new developments at Island Crest and One Pacific Heights? Or do you have suggestions for better accomodation for the budget that we have? We would prefer to live on HK Island near the action.

I don't know Island Crest at all, but have house-sat in One Pacific Heights for a couple of months, so a few observations:
    about 10 minutes walk from Sheung Wan MTR (or 30 minutes to Central, which I enjoyed in winter, but wouldn't want to be doing in summer), closer to the tram and plenty of buses.
    It's a very "mixed" area - a few modern developments around, but also older buildings, and the dry seafood area at the bottom of the lane.
    No parking, but accessible enough for furniture/ grocery delivery.
    Quality of finish acceptable, but the kitchen isn't nearly as roomy as it looks at first glance - many of the built in cupboards are filled with pipes and other infrastructural bits. Included appliances are good quality.
    It was too cold to use the pool when I was there, and the gym wasn't finished, but the friends who live there are enjoying those facilities.

Thanks for the reply! Still shopping around but is difficult from Australia!

Please don't make any decisions before you're been here for a month (at least) - there's SO much about properties and neighbourhoods that you just can't get off the net!

Island Crest much better

We have just signed a lease on Island Crest. Having been in HK for past 3 years we have a bit of experience of HK property. The finish, size and facilities all much nicer at Island Crest than One Pacific Heights (and we looked at MANY apartments in both blocks).

Agree that you should take some time to look around once you get here. You will be able to find something and move fairly quickly so use the month or so that you hopefully have in a serviced apartment to check things out.

Good luck!