Like Tree10Likes

Where to stay in Kowloon?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Also, please tell what a smaller apartment, around 175-200 sq ft, would cost in the same area.

Apartment rental for 2 weeks

Hi, i am on a scouting mission before my move to HK. I am looking for either a flat or a room in a flat (shared unit) to rent for the period 13-29 of May 2011 ? Do any of you have suggestions ? many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sjiki
    Hi, thanks for your reply
    I was thinking for ma on shan or shatin area (apartment 400ft)
    even Ma On Shan for that size is still 6.5K upwards. Sha Tin more expensive. The cheapest I've seen in Sha tin is Riviera Gardens at 6.8K, that's a 3xx ft

Quote Originally Posted by cerdarius
    Also, please tell what a smaller apartment, around 175-200 sq ft, would cost in the same area.
    If you're referring to MOS an ST, there are no apartments that size. Unlike Kwun Tong or Sham Shui Po and other older areas, there are no Tong Lau (Chinese buildings) which are often subdivided to provide smaller units of 200ft from a larger 600ft apartment.
    cerdarius likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cerdarius
    Lots of thanks for your kind advice guys. Another concern has popped up though, I've heard that landlords don't want to rent to people staying for less than 6 months. Is this true?
    Yes, this is true. Why would I bother with a short term leaser when I can have a 2 year one.
    cerdarius likes this.

Thanks again to you helping out! I've heard that the northwestern area in Kowloon is comparatively cheap. So I wonder what an apartment at approx 200 sq ft would cost in this area (if there are such apartments here) -- perhaps around Sham Shui Po or Cheung Sha Wan. Or would you recommend some other place? It should be close to CityU though, which is in Kowloon Tong.

Cheers!

I did some plodding in Tai kok Tsui, Mongkok, SSP for a friend, who, due to drinking comitments has only a budget of $3,800. I found some OK ones for her at around that mark for 150-200 sft with private toilet, some even with fresh paint. All tong lau, mostly high floors.

cerdarius likes this.

Good news bro! Thx! Tong lau works fine with me, I'm just a cheap student anyway Btw, were these apartments furnished or unfurnished? And were they available for 4-5 months as well?

erm, there would be room for a double bed and a desk and that would be it. They usually come with a bed and mattress and a small desk/table. No TV, bring your own, no fridge, etc. Basic.

Landlords would be reluctant to have a 5-month lease. Why have 5-months when one could have 2 years.

I can only suggest that you make them a gesture that would help your cause. eg.

1) suggest paying all 5 months in advance. if that doesn't work,
    2) suggest paying the lnadlord's half of the commish to the agency.

good luck.

cerdarius likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3