I need your help on deciding a temporary accomodation.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Post I need your help on deciding a temporary accomodation.

Hi,

I am moving to HK in a couple of weeks and my company offered me various options for temporary accomodation for three months. I work in Central or Cheung Kong Centre.
    I am wondering where might be a good place to stay.

1) One in Central, 10min walk to office and 300sq (I find it convenient but too small)
    2) Eaton House -Wanchai - 15min to office and about 420sq
    3) Domus Mercury - Tin Hau, 495sq
    4) Domus U - Pok Fu Lam- 480sq +120sq terrace

Based on webpage, Domus U looks impressive with all the facility and service they provide and especially the terrace with jacuzzi and bbq grill. I am a little concerned because it might not be convenient in terms of transportation. If it is the case, one in wanchai appears to be a good compromise. Could anyone help me decide?

Many thanks in advance

I stayed in Eaton House in Wanchai for a month when I first moved to HK, it's a great little place. My room was nicely designed, spaced out, shower/washroom was clean and modern. The only downside was the electrical cooker and small basic gym. However location wise - I was able to walk to work in 15mins or take the buses outside Fat Angelo which stops outside Cheung Kong within 5mins. Also there are lots of taxis which can get you directly to work within 5mins.

Quote Originally Posted by WMDS
    I stayed in Eaton House in Wanchai for a month when I first moved to HK, it's a great little place. My room was nicely designed, spaced out, shower/washroom was clean and modern. The only downside was the electrical cooker and small basic gym. However location wise - I was able to walk to work in 15mins or take the buses outside Fat Angelo which stops outside Cheung Kong within 5mins. Also there are lots of taxis which can get you directly to work within 5mins.
    Thanks WMDS. It helpedme a lot. I would probably stay at Eaton House. Is there anything to do around there?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WMDS
    Thanks WMDS. It helpedme a lot. I would probably stay at Eaton House. Is there anything to do around there?

I don't know Eaton House but Wanchai in general is a great place to live, in IMO. Great facilities nearby, shops, restaurants, entertainments, bars, trams busses. Right in the middle of things really. A lot of people knock it because it is always busy and never stops but I love it here and I am by no means a young trendy. It can be noisy as can anywhere on the North side of the island but choose a high floor if possible and it makes it a lot more bearable.

Both Wanchai and Tin Hau are convenient!!! Maybe you can ask if you company can provide some pics of the accomodations to help you decide between the two =D

Quote Originally Posted by elle_esse
    Both Wanchai and Tin Hau are convenient!!! Maybe you can ask if you company can provide some pics of the accomodations to help you decide between the two =D
    Thanks, Elle. Tin Hau never occurred to me. What is it like in Tin Hau? Is it lively as well?

Actually it looks like u can find info abt both places online, but since wan chai is close to your work place, it does seem like the better option.

So you will need to look for your own place after three mths?

Quote Originally Posted by elle_esse
    Actually it looks like u can find info abt both places online, but since wan chai is close to your work place, it does seem like the better option.

So you will need to look for your own place after three mths?
    Yes this would be another question in weeks. I want to live in HK island and I want to find somewhere with convenient location, reasonable price (HKD 10,000-15,000 or cheaper), and modern/clean interior. I am willing to sacrifice some living space in return. Where in HK might satisfy these goals? I am thinking if I spend some time I might be able to find some hidden gem. Am I not being realistic here?

I stayed at Wan Chai for a month (at Fraser Suites though, not Eaton) and I quite liked it. I work at CKC as well, and used to take the tram to commute - around 10 minutes and only HKD 2!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast