Serviced apartments - recommendations needed

Closed Thread

Serviced apartments - recommendations needed

Hello,

I have just arrived in HK. For various reasons, I need temporary accommodation (for about three months) before looking for something more permanent. I am getting a subsidy from my employer about this.

Since I hear it's apparently difficult to find regular flats for short leases, and since I am new here, I thought it might be a good idea to get a serviced apartment for this period. Budget would be HK$20-30k (maximum). Can anyone recommend something in that price range? I am looking for something quite central for now. I will be the only person in the flat, so it doesn't have to be very big, as long as it's nice (I realise that's a very subjective thing).

Hanlun Habitats seem to offer flats in that range, as does "The Mood" and Treasure View Soho. Does anyone know anything about these?

Thank you so much!

Treasure View is above Staunton's bar in Soho. I think it could be quite noisy in the evening - but very convenient as it is directly on the escalator.

For that budget you can try Fraser Suites at Wan Chai or 2 Macdonnell Road as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Satay Sue:
    Treasure View is above Staunton's bar in Soho. I think it could be quite noisy in the evening - but very convenient as it is directly on the escalator.
    There is also a Treasure View in Sheung Wan, Wing Lok Street, I believe.

We enjoyed Lily Court in the Midlevels, which is a Hanlun property. Right next to the midlevel escalator. Good service and food service that is both good quality and fairly priced should you want to order in rather than paying 3x at nearby restaurants. I think we paid $25k/mo for a 1 bedroom (2 yrs ago). They have studios, too.

Quote Originally Posted by daveross:
    We enjoyed Lily Court in the Midlevels, which is a Hanlun property. Right next to the midlevel escalator. Good service and food service that is both good quality and fairly priced should you want to order in rather than paying 3x at nearby restaurants. I think we paid $25k/mo for a 1 bedroom (2 yrs ago). They have studios, too.
    Thanks for that. I quite liked the sound of Hanlun, and have heard quite a lot of good things about them. Unfortunately, they are fully booked at the moment, so I guess I am not the only one!