• May burst by end of 2011

8 16.00%
  • May burst by end of 2012

17 34.00%
  • May burst by end of 2014

3 6.00%
  • May burst by end of 2016

3 6.00%
  • No Clue - Try your luck by investing !!

10 20.00%
Like Tree34Likes

Hong Kong Property bubble

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bryant.english
    Hmmm.
    The wealth is redistributed among the poor!!
    It's not bad actually is it?
    Actually, I think your post is clever. It would also be correct if the money to build the infrastracture and housing where it isn't needed weren't confiscated from the poor in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Freetrader
    Actually, I think your post is clever. It would also be correct if the money to build the infrastracture and housing where it isn't needed weren't confiscated from the poor in the first place.
    Yes, true of course. This is what frightens me about investing in China though. I really think you could become wealthy there very easily and just as easily have the rug pulled out from right underneath you..
    Freetrader likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by chateau

These people on the boat, are what I would call super wealthy. I am not sure, but probaly all worth 200m HKD and upwards, with strong connections to China leadership, so I am included to folloiw their suggestion, and buy now, hold for a few years, and sell in 2014. As for property stocks, its the well known developers they suggest, like Sun Hung Kai, Henderson Land, and Cheung Kong.
    Many people in China think 200m HK$ ( RMB 170m) is really nothing.
    For sure not super wealthy,not even very wealthy.
    The basic counting unit were modest wealth starts is not million anymore but " ?" (Yi),
    a hundred million.
    Many girlies in China are looking for guys in excess of 10Yi = a billion Yuan,
    roughly 100 million Euro.

Quote Originally Posted by bryant.english
    Yes, true of course. This is what frightens me about investing in China though. I really think you could become wealthy there very easily and just as easily have the rug pulled out from right underneath you..
    Wu Ying would agree with you there...

http://www.asiaone.com/Nkews/Latest%...08-272411.html

According to Hurun report, almost a million people in China (HK and Macau excluded) are worth more than 10m RMB. Only 4000 have more than 1 billion yuan. So it is not difficult for the girls to focus on their targets, hehe. Most of the millionaires live in Beijing, Guandong and Shanghai. Surprising that the number is this low. Many people's apartments are worth several million RMB in Beijing and Shanghai.

Quote Originally Posted by Morrison
    Many people in China think 200m HK$ ( RMB 170m) is really nothing.
    For sure not super wealthy,not even very wealthy.
    The basic counting unit were modest wealth starts is not million anymore but " ?" (Yi),
    a hundred million.
    Many girlies in China are looking for guys in excess of 10Yi = a billion Yuan,
    roughly 100 million Euro.
    Morrison likes this.

in China they are trying to sell big apartments, sometimes you have to take the whole floor of a building.
    Only the rich can afford, so the rich are getting richer, that might explain why the number of rich people is still that low, despite the property bubble

I mentioned here a number of times I've been waiting for the bubble to burst since 2004 on the mainland. I don't see it in the future.

When you look at these figures of $USD government reserves:-

1977 $2.3 billion
    2000 $165 billion
    2011 $3000 billion

Reserves are now growing at nearly $200 billion a year now.

The Chinese are not very creative at the moment in what to do with it so it still gets pumped into housing, infrastructure, energy investment and reducing the wealth gap. Also they are investing in military expansion, energy and commodities as well as technology development to reduce it's reliance on particularly US & European IP.

With all this cash soon to be burning a hole in their pocket they will go on a spending spree or just continue to pump money into property development and infrastructure projects.

Actually, virago, that is simply more evidence of the bubble.

Quote Originally Posted by Freetrader
    Actually, virago, that is simply more evidence of the bubble.
    From a western point of view that is probably correct based on market forces but in a semi-planned economy who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by virago
    I mentioned here a number of times I've been waiting for the bubble to burst since 2004 on the mainland. I don't see it in the future.

When you look at these figures of $USD government reserves:-

1977 $2.3 billion
    2000 $165 billion
    2011 $3000 billion

Reserves are now growing at nearly $200 billion a year now.

The Chinese are not very creative at the moment in what to do with it so it still gets pumped into housing, infrastructure, energy investment and reducing the wealth gap. Also they are investing in military expansion, energy and commodities as well as technology development to reduce it's reliance on particularly US & European IP.

With all this cash soon to be burning a hole in their pocket they will go on a spending spree or just continue to pump money into property development and infrastructure projects.
    Exactly right.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast