village house near Tai Po confusion

Closed Thread

village house near Tai Po confusion

I'm a little confused. i was looking at listinsg for village houses near Tai Po and found a couple, many for HK$10,000 and less. The listings all say 700sq ft but also say G/F.Like here Village house for rent in Tai Po, REF # 7179830, New Territories, San Uk Tsai Tsuen - Square Foot

Are these rentals for the whole house or just for a single floor?

Single floor, Definately not the whole house.

there are 3 storeys and a flat roof for barbies and drying clothes. Landlord usually lives on the second and top floors.

That's what I figured. How much would a whole house go for off the beaten track near Tai Po. I can't find any listings on square foot or gohome for more than HK$10,000 and they must be for single floors.

$30000 plus, average is say $10k a floor but you'll pay more for the top floor because of the roof.

a whole house goes from $32,000+... we've been looking...

all you do is type in the square footage (2100) and then you will get listings. we've been having a heck of a time finding anything reasonable over the past couple of months.

aha, ok, that makes sense. thanks

there was one we saw through Great Wall Agency. It was a great house (needed a little TLC, though). It had a built over car port, large garden area, separate portable room in the back for the helper, large sunroom on the roof.... they were asking $32k if memory serves. it's out near tai mei tuk, so VERY busy on the weekends.

Prices in Tai Po are lower than Saikung. There is a lot more supply in Tai Po. There wont be a lot of whole houses going in Tai Po along Ting Kok Road as the landlords there are a lot more conservative and would also tned to favour locals.

But good luck with the hunt. Beverly Hills Villas houses were going for 30K a few months back. "But not today". (<-VInce Diesel voice)