Like Tree2Likes

Where to live in discovery bay

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Where to live in discovery bay

Hello where should one live in DB if wants to be walking distance from the ferry?
    Also how long is take from DB to Admiralty?

Trying to figure out where best to live in HK

Quote Originally Posted by Angy81:
    Hello where should one live in DB if wants to be walking distance from the ferry?
    Also how long is take from DB to Admiralty?

Trying to figure out where best to live in HK
    Hi Angy81,
    I think I answered that question in your original post already. The places/villages in walking distance to the ferry pier are:
    Plaza
    Hillgrove Village
    La Costa
    Beach Village
    La Vista (a bit of a steep walk uphill though)

"Trying to figure out where best to live in HK "

Def not Dickgo Bay

Thank you!

Anywhere is within walking distance of the ferry. For the question to be useful you'll need to specify how long or how far you are prepared to walk.

bryant.english and MovingIn07 like this.

we used to live in la vista. we always walked down hill to the ferry and then caught the bus back up the hill on the way home.

I used to live in one of the bars there, wasn't bad tbh, until it came to closing time.

I guess up to 15 minutes - I need to take the ferry to central and my office is in admiralty - want to have a commute of max 1 hour - can I walk the other end as well?
    Sorry not too familiar with Hong Kong have only been there a few times for work and used to be near the conference centre only

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    Anywhere is within walking distance of the ferry. For the question to be useful you'll need to specify how long or how far you are prepared to walk.

From the ferry terminal in central to admiralty there are a number of buses. I know for certain that if you walk across to Connaught Rd then you can pick up any of about 15 buses which go straight around to Lippo Centre or Pacific Place, depending where in Admiralty you need to go. However, I think some of them also come right by the pier as well (although not quite the same number). It's 1 or 2 stops to Admiralty depending on the bus and stop you choose - very fast.

Thanks this is really helpful
    Although DB seems great expat place to live I am wondering whether it is not too far out - I am used to commuting 1 hr in London and that combined with 12 hr days is really enough

Are there any other areas I could consider? Stanley maybe but it seems so much more expensive I have a budget of 20k?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast