Buddy Flathunting

Closed Thread

Buddy Flathunting

Hey Folks,

I'm thinking... How to make my rent budget twice what it is and get a lovely pad in Hong Kong?!
    Find a buddy and try to get something else than a shoe box to live in.

I'm a 35 year old French professional and will be working in Quarry Bay and Sha Tin. Surely don't want to leave Hong Kong Island for Sha Tin though! So if anyone feels like partnering and living in a less cosy place, let me know.

My budget is maximum 12K so two of us could make this a reasonable lump sum... I've seen some nice things out there for that price.

I'm open to sharing with female or male as I have shared with both in the past without any problem.
    Message me!

Khaemis

Last edited by Khaemis; 02-06-2011 at 11:11 PM. Reason: typo

12K will get you a nice 2 bedroom 600-700 sq. ft. in places like TKO, Lam Tin, etc, all of which are just a few stops away from Quarry Bay, across the harbor.

Quote Originally Posted by Skinnypupp:
    12K will get you a nice 2 bedroom 600-700 sq. ft. in places like TKO, Lam Tin, etc, all of which are just a few stops away from Quarry Bay, across the harbor.
    Nice to hear! I will defo check them but I'm also going to have to travel and possibly even be based in Sha Tin... Not that I want to live there though. This weekend is full of flathunting 'fun' wwooohhoo!
    Cheers

The house sharing market is pretty quite here compared to cities like London... Or is it just bad timing for some reason?!

Anyone with a double bedroom to offer? I'm looking in Sheung Wan, TST areas and also Tin Hau.

Let me know
    Cheers

This is HK not London so there are cultural differences for a start, most locals tend to live with their families due to high costs/low wages. Also locals in HK dont like flat sharing with strangers especially French people

I was more thinking about expats sharing more than locals but thanks for the cultural input