In Search of Serviced Studios on HK Island

In Search of Serviced Studios on HK Island

Hi all,

I will relocating to Hong Kong from Shenzhen in two weeks. I've mainly done research on websites of the following studios:

1.) No. 9 Studios (saw it, too small for my liking 180sqf)
    2.) Urban Cube
    3.) Empire Studio (saw the pictures they e-mailed me, look nothing like the pictures on their website)
    4.) Studio Studio
    5.) City Loft

Anyone have feedback of these places? Or suggestions of other places? I hope to stay in the studio for at least half a year.

Alternatively, I saw a studio apartment for rent, newly renovated for 11.8K in CWB - not furnished. Good deal, or on the high end?

Any help would be appreciated. My budget is roughly 10K. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Wonginit:
    Hi all,

I will relocating to Hong Kong from Shenzhen in two weeks. I've mainly done research on websites of the following studios:

1.) No. 9 Studios (saw it, too small for my liking 180sqf)
    2.) Urban Cube
    3.) Empire Studio (saw the pictures they e-mailed me, look nothing like the pictures on their website)
    4.) Studio Studio
    5.) City Loft

Anyone have feedback of these places? Or suggestions of other places? I hope to stay in the studio for at least half a year.

Alternatively, I saw a studio apartment for rent, newly renovated for 11.8K in CWB - not furnished. Good deal, or on the high end?

Any help would be appreciated. My budget is roughly 10K. Thanks!
    For 10k, serviced studios in a good location are going to be toileted shoeboxes.

I think there is a hotel in Tin Shui Wai which has serviced apartments and I know a lot of native english teachers live there who work in the area. I don't know the cost but i think it's about your range. Travel to HK island is v time consuming from here, though.

Think it's called harbour plaza city resort or something.

Those places are all shoe boxes from other comments I have seen on this site.

You are pretty close so you might come over on the weekend and have a look for yourself.

For 10k your budget is on the low side to near impossible to find a serviced apartment of any decent quality/size.

Why not just stay in a hotel for a few days first and then go to all the shoeboxes and see which one fits you best?

My friends from the NYC stayed at Empire Studio for about 2 months and enjoyed their stay. Best to make a list of places that fits your budget and see them all when you arrive.

How about a 350sqf studio in CWB for 11.8K? Unfurnished, but I have a 3K allowance to buy furniture (not like that's enough). Is that a good, ok or bad deal?

maybe give us some info like where u work, how often u need to be there, whether you need to make trips to china, other priorities etc.

Working in Aberdeen, but will travel a lot, not just mainland China. I just need transportation that can get me to Aberdeen in 30 minutes.