Like Tree1Likes

Working in Kowloon, recommendations for commuting/serviced apartments

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Yeah living in central and commuting to kowloon is bonkers if you ask me. It's like living in central London and commuting to Kent. On the plus side, the trains wouldn't be too busy!

Quote Originally Posted by hutchieboy:
    It seems there is lots more accomodation available on HK Island?
    there is a lot more accomodation available in the NT first of all (+ wan chai to west kowloon is not even that convenient...)

if both of you work in west kowloon, do not bother with wanchai really. For 20k you will easily find something nice in Olympic area, jordan....

C'mon, we've heard all this before. Wanchai and Central are the centres of the universe. Just let it be.

Good luck finding a serviced apartment for 20K. In the longer term you end up in a shoebox in Wanchai or Central. Even in West Kowloon and Olympic Area you will have difficulties finding an apartment as prices start around 20K for approx 600/700 sqft (al fairly new apts though, with clubhouse facilities).

Quote Originally Posted by hutchieboy:
    My girlfriend and I will both be working at the same school, so its really about timing and cost of commuting between Wanchai/Soho/Central perhaps or living close by to the school on the MTR line. We've read that lots of expats live in Wanchai area and that maybe we'll get more for our money? (budget approx 20k). It seems there is lots more accomodation available on HK Island?
    You're not moving from Essex are you by any chance?

Transport is cheap here compared with the UK ... Olympic is a good spot but a little quiet. I've lived there for 3 years and more expats have come to the area. Don't completely discount it but if you want to be on top of the nightlife, stick to the island. My friends pay less than 20k for a decent size walk up (no lift) in Sheung Wan, which is getting quite trendy.

OP should just do as he suggests. Come here and do service apt first. He might not mind HK Island at all. Depends on their life style and yes, no doubt more for him money Kowloon side but again he needs to be on a transport route to where they will work - whereever that is there.

Quote Originally Posted by Meimeid:
    Good luck finding a serviced apartment for 20K. In the longer term you end up in a shoebox in Wanchai or Central. Even in West Kowloon and Olympic Area you will have difficulties finding an apartment as prices start around 20K for approx 600/700 sqft (al fairly new apts though, with clubhouse facilities).
    You can still get 750 in Long Beach for <20k

therere are loads of 15 to 18K 2-bdr apartments in Olympic now. Central Park even. Good luck.

seems he's ignoring this thread and created another thread lol @_@

seems ive started a turf war! Lots to consider , thanks for the advice.