Where to live for 15k??

Closed Thread

Question Where to live for 15k??

We have 15k per month to pay for a flat. Can we target the 18k ones and get it down to 15k? We have 2 baby children and my wife needs to be near Central. I am concerned about us being in a dingy concrete flat with no greenery for our kids. Where should we check? I thought of Gold coast (greenery) but its too far!

Where is best with our budget?

Many thanks for any help. We really appreciate it.

Sounds like you should consider discovery bay.

Quote Originally Posted by Matador:
    We have 15k per month to pay for a flat. Can we target the 18k ones and get it down to 15k? We have 2 baby children and my wife needs to be near Central. I am concerned about us being in a dingy concrete flat with no greenery for our kids. Where should we check? I thought of Gold coast (greenery) but its too far!

Where is best with our budget?

Many thanks for any help. We really appreciate it.
    It is not that far considering that the morning minibus from GoldCoast to Shueng Wan takes 30 minutes (no intermediary bus stops).
    It is longer in the evening 45/50 minutes with the public bus, I must admit. But you really enjoy dring the week ends.

Closer "greenery" alternatives to Central is also Sham Tseng (you can check estate such as Bellagio for example, facing the sea..).

DB is not a bad alternative either BUT it depends if you are ok with the Ferry and it is more expensive (rentwise and transport wise) than GOldCoast or Sham Tseng.

Similar to Db you also have Ma Wan (ferry).

I would not ask to see flats for 18K if you are absolutely sure you don't want to pay that amount. Have not heard of anybody who has succesfully negotiated 3K down in this price range. Maybe 1000HK$, if you are lucky a bit more.

Most of the agents I used tried to show me more expensive flats, even though I told them my absolute maximum. Took them a while to understand that I can't increase my budget, even if they show me "nicer" flats in the hope I take it anyway.

Like MJK said .. you're not going to be able to negotiate $3K of a $18K rental in the current market.

I was showed a flat for 8800 and managed to bargain to 8200 and that's all. Some agents tell you that it's negotiable. But I found it 'more negotiable' when hubby spoke to them in Cantonese.

Quote Originally Posted by denniskk:
    Hi Matador, I've a 2 bedroom garden flat at a lowrise building in Happy Valley. Asking $17k. Please pm me if you are interested.
    hi denniskk,

u hv PM!