Work in Queen's Road E (Three Pacific Place), Where to live that not noisy and max 30 mnts commute

Closed Thread

Work in Queen's Road E (Three Pacific Place), Where to live that not noisy and max 30 mnts commute

Hi all,

I am planning to move to HK from Jakarta by mid of September. My office is in 3PP queen's road east and I am looking for a place to stay. The company will give serviced apartment for the first one month. I want to ask few questions:

1. Where is the best place to stay with maximum 30 minutes commute from my office (door to door), less noisy, and should be connected to MRT. My budget for rental is max $12,000 HKD. I am looking for 1 bed room or studio apartment.
    2. I have only one month time to find my own apartment. Can I get the apartment in one month time?
    3 With $12,000 HKD, can i get a doable place?

Many thanks in advance..

Teguh

For 12K, you can probably get a small place in Wanchai within walking distance of 3PP. It depends what you want though. In Wanchai for that price it will either be very small, or old, or both. If you want somewhere bigger / newer, then you need to get out of the centre - but that means travelling more on the MTR. For example Heng Fa Chuen on island east.

Should be no problem finding a place in a month. Look for agents in places where you plan to stay and do some leg work looking at various options. Also look to rent privately - some ads on geoexpat and gumtree. That way you save on the commission.