Toddler friendly service apartment with access to Matilda

Toddler friendly service apartment with access to Matilda

Hi all!
    Going to thankyou in advance for any advice!!

I am planning to give birth to our second baby early 2012 either at the Matilda or canossa (depending on whether we get into the matilda).

We need to find a service apartment for a couple of months for before and and after the birth.

By that time, our toddler will be 2 and 8 months. She is active and needs to be out and about most of the time, other than her afternoon nap time...

We don't know HK at all and was wondering if anyone can give us any advice on any service apartments that maybe suitable for our situation?

a friend suggested parkview is very toddler friendly. but I am not sure how far that is to the matilda?

My husband will be travelling to HK every weekend from china. the train arrives at hung hum
    ...so an added bonus would be that it is not toooo far away from hung hom...

much much appreciated any advice!!! we are abit lost and don't really know where to begin..
    michelle

hung hom is on the other side of the harbour from matilda.

One has to ask: why?

i'm assuming from the post that they currently live in china but will be delivering baby in hk....

hi, yes, my husband currently work in guangzhou and i will be delivering the baby in HK.

Are you on the wait list for Matilda and hoping to get a spot or something, or have you not even begun the process?

I would choose a place probably based on the confirmed opening at either hospital. Of the two, you'll find a much easier chance of getting a short term place near Canossa then up on the Peak. I'd also point out that getting to Canossa for a routine checkup or in an emergency situation from most places in Midlevels is probably easier than getting to Matilda, even if up on the Peak (the wait for a cab could be a bit). While it's not a long drive, it is windy and if there is an accident on that road you can be in for quite a delay. We tried to get to Matilda once during a high wind warning and were delayed as trees had fallen over the road and no cars were able to move until the fire department came in to chain saw some of the fallen branches.

Hung Hom is on the other side of the harbor, so it sort of comes down to how is he planning to cross the harbor. Is he going to take a taxi? Has he considered a bus that brings him from Shenzhen to Wanchai or Sheung Wan?