DB or the Arch?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Red face DB or the Arch?

Have just moved to HK from Australia. Currently absolutely overawed by rental prices and what you get for little cash!

Best properties I have looked at are Chianti in DB, Bel Air in Pok Fu Lam, and The Arch in Kowloon.

Not overly keen on Bel Air, Discovery Bay seems like home and accomodation appears fairly priced (Chianti), yet in Kowloon (The Arch) you get absolutely everything!

My budget is $40K, and although I like the expat life and the occasional party working 6 days a week makes you too tired to do anything else.

Therefore, Is DB or The Arch the place to live?
    Any advice would be fantastic.

Hi.. I can see the Arch everyday from work. Looks fabulous from far. What kind of apartments do you get for 40k in the Arch? I am in Bel-Air, but will need a bigger apartment soon. I can either move up here or look at alternates...

Cheers

ARCH wherei vote

hi

i would prefer arch . as it is located right above the kowloon station ... airportexpress .. also a big mall is coming up below the arch .. i have a few friends staying there ... they are srally happy

just check out the sky lobby (CLUB )on the 53rd floor it is awosome ..

also .. if you wish to live in absolute luxry then also check out one silver sea @ olympic city

itz a great property too ..

ricky

I had a tour of the Arch not so long ago and wow it is nice. I would suggest it. In a 5 minute walk you can be on the MTR station platform. Lots of bus connections/mini buses also. Only problem is you are on the Tung Chung line and if you miss a train most of the time you have a 10 minute wait.

The Arch

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies.

I think we will side with The Arch. Best facilities in HK for the price. Also, if there is a typhoon I can still get to work - DB.

Silver Sea, athough nice wasn't our preference. Its pretty hard to compete with The Arch.

My only issue is although they are building a mall under the Arch, you have to travel some distance to get groceries. Furthermore, If your looking for Western Food you have to travel to the Gateway; and there is still not a large selection of restaurants there anyway.

Would anyone agree?

What will you get for $40k in the +Arch?

I think the Arch is by far and away the best value for $40k if you work in Central. This is because of their current facilities and because of what they will build in the future.

In September they say they will have finished building the shopping centre below, The MTR will be at your doorstep and it will be Kowloon's Mecca. I timed it yesterday and it took me 30 minutes exactly to get to the AIG building in Central.

For $40k you will unlikely get a harbour view though. If you do it will be on the lower floors. Great building, but again if you like your restaurants, there is currently none there - not even a seven eleven!

Quote Originally Posted by Haycarol235:
    Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies.

I think we will side with The Arch. Best facilities in HK for the price. Also, if there is a typhoon I can still get to work - DB.

Silver Sea, athough nice wasn't our preference. Its pretty hard to compete with The Arch.

My only issue is although they are building a mall under the Arch, you have to travel some distance to get groceries. Furthermore, If your looking for Western Food you have to travel to the Gateway; and there is still not a large selection of restaurants there anyway.

Would anyone agree?
    I would think once the mall opens there may be more options for you. Hopefully more things you can use. For now you may eat at home, at the restaurant on the 59th?? floor and also Tsim Sha Tsui has local and western restaurants and supermarkets.

hi everyone, any additional comments you can make about the Arch? this is one of the best places i've seen for the price and the convenience of the MTR stations makes it attractive. what is the area like today and how is the mall that has been completed in 07-08?

thank you

I live next door to the Arch (Harbourside) and I really like it. The Elements supermarket (360) is open now and the prices are reasonable for local stuff and no dearer than other places for imported Western stuff. There is a decent variety too. The area is quiet and very convenient for both Central the the Airport (4 mins to Central, 20 mins to the Airport).

Tung chung MTR trains are every 4 minutes (peak) or 8 minutes (off-peak).

Quote Originally Posted by Sclg59:
    this is one of the best places i've seen for the price
    I agree its one of the better places. But you should take away "for the price" from your sentence.

You are certainly paying a price for living there. It is one of the (if not the single most) expensive areas in all of Kowloon. Certaintly you do not get any "bang for your buck" as your sentence seems to imply.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast