Park Island for Dogs?

Closed Thread

Park Island for Dogs?

Hi there, moving to HK in August and thinking seriously about Park Island especially as we have 2 small / midsize dogs - but have a question - how is island-life? Is it convenient (grocery / shopping / restaurants-delivery)?? Is there a vet on the island? Also, are dogs allowed on the PI shuttle / speedboats? Any help would be appreciated!

There is a dog park so could take yr doggies for a walk. Also there is vet van that comes into the island once a week. Supermarket is available for delivery if u purchase over $300 I think. Not sure if dogs are allowed on transportation but I think if u put them into a bag then it will be ok. Convenient wise - not really cos no cars/taxi allowed...need to hop onto their shuttle bus or ferry...By the way, u have to let landlord know that u have 2 dogs cos not all will allow.

Thank you so much. The vet van sounds good - how about grooming? Is there a groomer on the island too? but wow, there is dog park on the island itself?? does anyone have any pictures???

There are places for you on the island to bring your dogs for grooming. They are not too bad. But they don't speak very good English. Not dogs on buses. Dogs can take ferries. My dog used to see the vet that comes in the van. But she goes to the vet in midlevels now. There's a small dog run park in front of the kindy. Think they are still finding a place for the dogs.