Where to find month by month rentals?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Where to find month by month rentals?

I need room with the following requirements:
    - Month by month rental, no long contracts
    - Doesn't need to be serviced
    - Location does not need to be near Central, so further on Kowloon side is ok
    - 1 bed room
    - Budget max $10,000

Would I be able to find a room like that? I've searched all the serviced apartments and they are all very pricey and very small therefore I do not want a serviced apartment as I can clean it myself. Location can be a little further out also.

Hotel room? Serviced appt are the main ones. Try gold coast - they do serviced appts for monthly rental, MAY have cheaper non serviced ones. What you are looking for is rare. Flat share perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    Hotel room? Serviced appt are the main ones. Try gold coast - they do serviced appts for monthly rental, MAY have cheaper non serviced ones. What you are looking for is rare. Flat share perhaps?
    HK Gold Coast residence? The price range is out of my budget.

YesINN stuff looks really small, like 350sft. I might be asking alot but I do not want in a Central location, a little further out is alright. I would prefer perhaps about 500sft. Surely there is something like this or are all serviced apartments near central that's why it's pricey?

Harbour Plaza Tin Shui Wai? No idea on the price though.

You will not get a standard apartment rental month by month. You will be able to rent either a serviced apartment, hotel room or cage home. Outside of HK island there are serviced apartments in Shatin, Ma On Shan, Tin Shui Wai, Tsim Sha Tsui, Mongkok and elsewhere. There are hotels all over HK. Most cage homes are in Sham Shui Po.

I guess standard apartments are not an option. I would go serviced apartments but the range is all out of my budget. I don't mind going up to 13,000 HKD for something decent perhaps 400-500sft and not too far out but even that I can't seem to find any. I found Royal View Hotel Serviced Suites at Tsuen Wan but I was wondering is that too far? How much for a taxi ride from there to Central?

For normal apartment contracts, do they do 3 months contracts? Or is that too short?

Quote Originally Posted by stanny1:
    I guess standard apartments are not an option. I would go serviced apartments but the range is all out of my budget. I don't mind going up to 13,000 HKD for something decent perhaps 400-500sft and not too far out but even that I can't seem to find any. I found Royal View Hotel Serviced Suites at Tsuen Wan but I was wondering is that too far? How much for a taxi ride from there to Central?
    Why on earth would you take a taxi? The Royal View has a shuttle bus to the MTR station or a shuttle to TST in the morning peak hour (one stop on the MTR to Admiralty, one more to Central from there).

I stayed there when I moved here. It's good value, but the Gold Coast residences are probably cheaper, are certainly larger and with the direct shuttle to central in the peak morning/evening hours, same speed to Central (25-45 mins depending on which bus you catch).

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast