About Living in Prince Edward

Closed Thread

Question About Living in Prince Edward

Hi, JJexpat,

How do you like to live in Prince Edward? Is it very noisy? I am looking for a flat in that area. Please also check your private message.

Thanks a lot.

Prince Edward is one of the most densely populated area in HK, in fact, one of the most densely populated in the WORLD. So you are expecting yourself always surrounded by people. If you don't want yourself to be disturbed by noise due to traffic etc. go for flats higher in the bdg or somewhere else in HK, since PE can be easily assessable from elsewhere in HK by public transport.

To answer your question, although I haven't lived in PE before, MOST flats in PE are going to be affected by noise with some exceptions.

I've lived in Prince Edward and it's not too bad if you pick the right part. I lived very near the Mong Kok police station and Police sports and recreation club near Boundary Street. The people density is very low there and it's one road in from the main road so much quieter. It's very close the MTR and has various bus routes on the main road and outside the MK police station.

Red face Prince Edward is great - depending on where you are.

Sensitive that Shri will not want me "advertising", I won't talk about the flat itself. But the area is well worth considering. I would stay north of Prince Edward Road and east of Fa Yuen, if possible. The area is large and well placed for both MTR and KCR, and I enjoy the 20 minutes to Festival Walk in Kowloon Tong (which I like a whole lot better than the HK Island equivalent of Pacific Place).

Prince Edward includes Kowloons toneiest addresses along Kadoorie Road where there are - get this - houses with lawns and gardens. Prince Edward includes the Flower Marekt which, while busy, is lovely and offers views over Kowloon Tong to Lion's Rock. Going on six years in Hong Kong if I have learned anything it is that every person's experience is that individual's experience - you make of it what you will.

For me, I deliberately chose to live in a Chinese neighbourhood in a Chinese building. I have the 4200 sq ft house in Canada, am an old fart so don't need to prove anything in the way of achievement by showing off a ritzy place and came for the experience more than the rest. Still, I like my creature comforts and have that.

Why moving? Have taken a flat in Bangkok and need to be closer to the airport to bounce between the two. And, it seems too much good food means that I REALLY need to be in a place with a gym

Thanks

Hi, everyone,

Thank you very much for your reply. I do appreciate your information and suggestions.

Have a nice weekend.

Tinycloud