Recommendations for Olympic accommodation

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    KSM

Recommendations for Olympic accommodation

Hi guys

We are moving to HK next week. We really liked the Olympic area so want recommendations for any 2BR apartments with a decent sized kitchen. 800-1000 sqft with maximum rent of 18000$HK.

Leads for good real estate agents would be welcome.

Do let me know please. Cheers

KSM

hermitage, park avenue or habourview. I would recommend Hampton place but its rather out compared to other places.

you should do some plodding to see what the distances are like and see whats on offer from the millions of agents heree.

2 bedrroom places are 6xx. 800 up are 3 bedroom places (Harbour green 3 bdrms start 7xx)

But briefly:

Island Harbourview
    11 years old, cheapest I've seen this month is $24psf

Central Park, Park Avenue
    10 years old, again cheapest I've seen this month is $24psf

Florient Rise
    under 2 years old but start at $27psf

The Hermitage
    Your budget won't get you 2 bedrooms.

Good luck.

KSM

Thanks guys. Useful to know this. Will know what to avoid and what to look for.

As mentioned above, your best bet is to look around Island Harbourview, Park Avenue, Central Park, Florient Rise and Harbour Green. Rents are going up all the time so you might have to adjust your size expectations down a bit!

The Hermitage will be too expensive for your budget, likewise One Silver Sea which is a bit further away.

My brother-in-law is a real estate agent and he has helped other expats find places in this area. If you are interested let me know, I can put you in touch!

don't forget to negotiate. There are a lot of new apartments in the area and a lot of empty places. you may get 20% or more off the asking price. I did.

Any suggestions on how to negotiate a better price, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by limepickle
    don't forget to negotiate. There are a lot of new apartments in the area and a lot of empty places. you may get 20% or more off the asking price. I did.

Quote Originally Posted by atalbert9
    make a low offer and be prepared to have it refused!

Tell them that you're not playing games but $xx (whatever your budget is) is a hard limit and you have no wiggle room.

You have to be prepared to let it go if they won't budge.

or if you have the cash, offer to pay 6 months in advance. Look at the agent's iris through his specs.

There are always deals to be had but it takes some searching sometimes! As Limepickle mentioned be prepared to walk away as some landlords will stubbornly stick to their asking price. Do your research on sites like AsiaExpat to get a feel for the general asking price for the properties that you are interested in. That way you won't be taken for a complete ride!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast