TST

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by blonloc
    does this mean getting to central for work in the morning and to/from central at night will be an issue?
    Only by Hong Kong standards! If you're in the furthest reaches of Hung Hom, you might have to walk a couple of city blocks to find a bus that takes you to within spitting distance of work, or if you're near the MTR terminus, it's just two stops away. And of course if you're in TST proper, it will be walkable (at least in winter).

thanks! i think I will be living in hung hom in the harbourfront horizon -- any advice specific to this? are there are lot of young expats in these areas?

All the people I personally know who have lived there have been young expats (quite a small sample size though).
    It's not exactly an area known for "young expats" but it's not bad. Not the greatest transport links in the world though! MTR is walking distance - 10 mins maybe?

Mat

Transport is good when you know how to use the minibuses/buses. you do not take the MTR most of the time when you live in Hunghom, except if you live next to it.
    Very good bus system.
    Plenty of 20/30something expat and lots of Korean and Japanese around.

thanks so much for the info! I guess I'll just have to start studying the bus systems as soon as I arrive!

Mat

The Key thing is to avoid the Cross Harbour buses at peak time and stick to a combination of Minibus up to the TST or Jordan MTR, then a short MTR ride and you are in Central.

It used to take me about 30mn (door to door) from HungHom to Pacific Place

If the tunnel is busy, a taxi to the star ferry or tst mtr works.

Sent from my MB525 using GeoClicks Mobile

sounds like I'll need a publci transportation tour guide! hopefully i'll get it down quickly! and if I'm working late or want to go out in central at night will it be hard to get back to hunghom?

Mat

Quote Originally Posted by blonloc
    sounds like I'll need a publci transportation tour guide! hopefully i'll get it down quickly! and if I'm working late or want to go out in central at night will it be hard to get back to hunghom?
    No it's easy- and a taxi ride is only 70 hkd.

thanks so much!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast