Looking for a service apartment(2 bedrooms)

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Looking for a service apartment(2 bedrooms)

Hi,

Our family(3 adults + 2 young kids) plan to take a short vacation (19 days) to Hong Kong. We are looking for a service/furnished apartment with at least 2 bedrooms. I did some research. It came up with a list but I am new to Hong Kong. I just want one that is near central since we have kids and we want somewhere we can take the train/transportaion easily, not too expensive but clean and nice facility. Any recommendations? We are open to other options if there's one a little far away.

Joy

What is your budget and is a hotel in central out of question?

Quote Originally Posted by hlfo718:
    What is your budget and is a hotel in central out of question?
    Central is fine with me. We would prefer to have a kitchen and we want a decent apartment. My budget is somewhat between $80-90. We are open for other options.

Joy

Do you mean US$80-90 per night?

yeah.... that ain't gonna happen. i think you may have confused HK with the likes of the Philippines or Thailand when you came up with your budget for 5 people. you do realise that central hk has some of the highest property prices in the world, right?

you may end up having to look at a place like DB, where people illegally short let their apartments. you MAY come in around that budget... but you are a 30 minute ferry ride from central, or a 15-20 minute bus ride from the MTR.

ps> i live MILES AND MILES outside of central hk, i have a 2 year lease and i pay about $82USD/night.

you will most likely have to up your budget... but at least double.

Thanks for all your responses.

I found a 2 bedroom/1 bath furnished apartment(450 sq ft) in MongKok for $70. Is this a good deal? I have 3 adults 1 infant 1 2 yr old. Of course, I prefer something that is a little bigger. But if I cant find anything that is decent, I just go with this one. Any thoughts?

Joy

You do know that HK uses a different currency to the USA?? It might be more useful if you state the actual HK $ price rather than (I assume) US prices you keep quoting.

Quote Originally Posted by bibbju:
    You do know that HK uses a different currency to the USA?? It might be more useful if you state the actual HK $ price rather than (I assume) US prices you keep quoting.
    And the "kitchen" will be VERY basic, maybe just a couple of gas rings.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast