Happening Bar Scene near a Marriott Hotel?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

exactly what i was thinking... maybe randy doesn't make it out of park island enough to have noticed?

OK, I found JW Marriott in Pacific Place and Renaissance in Wanchai. Both look to be very decent hotels. I'll be using my points so shouldn't be too bad. I think at the end of the night, I'll probably take a cab back to the hotel rather than "home".

Where are the bars in Wanchai? I've been to LKF a couple of times a couple years back. Don't remember much from it other than it was really hilly. Which should I go? I just want to kick back with a few drinks and listen to some live music in bars that won't be too lame chilaxing all by myself.

Last edited by Who Me? Yes U!; 06-10-2011 at 09:24 AM.

Events < The Wanch HK

So if you are looking for live music in Wanchai you could try this venue for a start. I'm sure there are lots of other places but trouble is I usually are just get led to them and don't really know where to find them again. Same thing with nice local restaurants, must start taking notes really. Oh no, that sounds way to grown up and organised for the weekend, think I will just save that behaviour for work days.

Choose the Marriott in Pacific place over Harbour view Renaissance in Wanchai. The latter is located in the same building I work in, ok only a few streets away from Lockhart road but thats HK's sleazy nightlife.

As someone has already mentioned JW Marriot is in between both Wanchai and Lan Kwai Fong and I think the hotel overall is better than the Renaissance.

I have stayed in both on business trips prior to moving here. Prefered the Renaissance, the room and view were much nicer though shopping opportunities better at the Marriott. To be fair it was probably 4 years ago (cos they had the Rugby World Cup channel at the Renaissance) and things may have changed. I remember the pool being nice there too.

There is an event I have to attend over at the Hong Kong Convention center. So I probably will have a chance to stay at both. Thanks for the link! It looks like a fun place! I definitely have to check it out!

you do realise that you are talking a 3 minute taxi ride difference in distance, right? you can walk from pacific place to the convention centre in about 10 minutes.

hk is a VERY, VERY, VERY small place.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2