Like Tree2Likes

Looking for a 1Bed pad near British Council

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Looking for a 1Bed pad near British Council

I and my wife are moving to HK next week.Does anyone want to rent his place?We need a furnished place,1Bedroom apartment.We are responsible tenants,and we always pay rent on time or in advance.Please help or guide.Thanks.

What's your budget?

There is a HUGE rental market here. Almost every expat rents (at least as first) so you will have no problem at all finding rental properties. You need to go to the area you want to rent in when you arrive, walk around and find some agents. While it's possible to get something directly, it's extremely rare and if you want to find a place quickly and efficiently, you need an agent.
    Paying rent on time and in advance is given - you'll get kicked out if you don't - no benefit at all. Nobody cares if you are a good tenant here and don't expect good landlords either (although plenty exist, as well as plenty of bad ones).

Seems most of the landlords are cruel!My budget is 5-7K/month.Thanks.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

You will not find anything near the British Council at that budget. You'll have to commute some way.

Also most places are unfurnished but the landlord can usually add furniture; don't expect it to be "pretty" though.

5-7k HKD per month for a 1-bed flat near Admiralty? Not a chance. 7k for a 1-bed flat is more like new territories, (so approx 1 hr commute) although you might find something tiny on HK island in an out-of-the way place.

Thanks.How about Sheung Wan/Kennedy Town/Wanchai/Causeway Bay?

Quote Originally Posted by champrx2:
    Thanks.How about Sheung Wan/Kennedy Town/Wanchai/Causeway Bay?
    Nope, nothing good for 7K

check this site: Buy Property in Hong Kong | Hong Kong Homes for sale – Gohome.com.hk and think about commuting 40 - 50 mins away

Can you tell me some areas nearby Admirality where I can look for?Commuting should be okay.

Yes you can find in places like Fortress Hill, North Point...it will be small and old but doable (for 7K NOT 5k).

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast