Working in Hung Hom - reviews of nearby apartments/accommodations? (yes, I searched)

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

You can have (I know I had) stunning views at LV. Full Harbour views. not sure about RP

Wondering why no one suggested Harbourfront horizon or Harbourview? Stayed there for a year. Walking distance to Hunghom/Whampoa. Comes with pool and gym. Furnitures provided plus no downpayments.

Doesn't furnished increase month-to-month rent compared to non-furnished?

Furnished would be a nice convenience...

Quote Originally Posted by qlloaky:
    Wondering why no one suggested Harbourfront horizon or Harbourview? Stayed there for a year. Walking distance to Hunghom/Whampoa. Comes with pool and gym. Furnitures provided plus no downpayments.
    It's a possibility too but a bit "off" HungHom and the prices can vary a lot from a year to another (from friends living there for 4 years now), but it is indeed worth to consider too.

Stayed at harbourfront for 1 yr. If extending, typically there's 20% rent increase. Max month you can rent is 12 months.

20%! Oof, that's rough.

Do furnished flats come by often in Royal Peninsula / Laguna Verde?

Those really depends on the owners. If u are offered an empty house, you can negotiate for some money for basic items like fridge/sofa/bed frames/ sometimes even washing machines/dryers/tv.

It was too difficult for me when I moved to HK, and I went harbourfront. For my new place, I took my time to look and got my deal

Quote Originally Posted by Zong:
    20%! Oof, that's rough.

Do furnished flats come by often in Royal Peninsula / Laguna Verde?
    As said above, depends on the owners but in any case all flats come w full kitchen, washing machine, fridge....

Took 2 days to look round a few flats in each of the main buildings. Harbour front, Metropolis, Harbour Place and Royal Peninsula.

Most in RP were furnished, although the one we went for was missing a washing machine, but it's so painless getting stuff delivered, not a big deal. Most Harbour Place were unfurnished for some reason.

just remember that a "full kitchen" does not include an oven... those are not standard fittings provided in flats as most locals have no idea how to use them.