Working in Hung Hom - reviews of nearby apartments/accommodations? (yes, I searched)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Adaptation can certainly be fun, ill just have to figure out creative ways to cook chicken...

Thanks guys, I've narrowed it down to Royal Peninsula and Laguna Verde.

Any recommendations on agents to bargain rent?

Any feedback on clubhouse facilities? I will be joining a gym but if either complex has a decent gym, that may work.

Thanks!

Zong, I'm not familiar with the area but just saw the time of your last post. Are you not here yet? I would strongly recommend viewing a place in person before making any commitment, websites are very good at making bad places look very good!

Mat

Quote Originally Posted by Zong
    Thanks guys, I've narrowed it down to Royal Peninsula and Laguna Verde.

Any recommendations on agents to bargain rent?

Any feedback on clubhouse facilities? I will be joining a gym but if either complex has a decent gym, that may work.

Thanks!
    LV has all u need gym wise and 2 pools.

RP is a tad smaller but still has everything.

Advise u to visit both when u come over althought both building are relatively new (below 12 years old for the oldest ones) so not too many issues.

Perhaps I should have said make places look very different, didn't want to imply that your choices are "bad"

Concur with Sue - NEVER commit without viewing it.

Good advise, thank you Sue and Co. Yep, I'm still in NY, but I like to plan ahead I'll make sure to visit before committing, perhaps even squatting in a serviced apartment for a little bit when I come over.

Even though I've narrowed it down, I'll still keep an open mind and eye out for good recommendations in HH and surrounding areas

Quote Originally Posted by Zong
    Adaptation can certainly be fun, ill just have to figure out creative ways to cook chicken...
    Well, the best chicken is cooked in a pot/casserole anyway - best way to keep meat juicy and moist (and to actually give it taste) + PLUS....you have the base for a killer gravy

As for your choice of apartment. I can only agree with everyone else, that it is impossible to decide unless you have seen the place beforehand.
    When that is said....I have lived in RP and can give it my highest recommendations. It is small (ish) which makes it feel very comfortable. Clubhouse is small but never crowded. Transportation is excellent - especially if you need to go to HK Island (covered walk directly to the tunnel buses) - great food around.
    I am no agent....just really like the place

If you are fluent in Mandarin (or even can speak a little bit of Cantonese), you might take a look in the rental post in RP; RP

Like this >> RP; RP , sounds like a good one

The other one >> RP; RP , which claims on high floor and directly from owner is good too.

Last edited by siulung; 25-10-2011 at 11:31 AM.

Taking a look now - just curious. Why is mandarin required here?

assuming to communicate with the owners?

(I am fluent in Mandarin)

Last edited by Zong; 25-10-2011 at 08:51 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast