Like Tree7Likes

One Bed, $65,000 budget

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    The problem will be the dog as not many serviced apartments in Hong Kong are pet friendly. Also, you mentioned your GF will be working at IFC, in order to triangulate a suitable location, where will you be working?
    FWIW, I am pretty sure some friends were staying at Parkview serviced apartments and had their dog with them. Not a bad area for walking the dog either.
    Last edited by beachball; 11-10-2011 at 11:50 AM.

Thank you Kate.

Thanks Beachball.

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:
    Moving - You've made me want to live in a boat. (Seriously.)

Are there any websites with pictures of these things?
    This was the best I could find.

~ Discovery Bay ~ For Sale ~ ~ 1997 56ft Live-aboard

Basically, if you are interested, you have to go to the marinas and look around. There is a woman in DB who agents for these boats - she had a poster near the ferry terminal with brochures to pick up (sorry, she was Norwegian but I forget her name and it was years ago). Here in GC, Asia Yacht Services often know which ones are for rent, or just ask around. Their website required registering with name and address for the full glossy brochures and pics of the ones they had.

I got ours from a classified ad over on the Dark Side, but Geo has listings here now (and again).

DB is more expensive (alot) than GC though - which is why I came here in the end.
    Last edited by MovingIn07; 11-10-2011 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vinyljunky:
    Thanks for the extra link. For those searching these sites, you need to look for LIVEABOARDS - if you find a liveaboard in HK, chances are it will be in DB or Gold Coast or Clearwater Bay - with a few in Aberdeen I think.

I have actually just looked around like you for apartments, by budget was HK$50k. I liked Mid-Levels close to the escalator. With a bit higher budget I probably should have looked a bit more at MacDonnell Road and around that area. You should look around there for a nice apartment with rooftop!

Quote Originally Posted by RobRoy:
    I have actually just looked around like you for apartments, by budget was HK$50k. I liked Mid-Levels close to the escalator. With a bit higher budget I probably should have looked a bit more at MacDonnell Road and around that area. You should look around there for a nice apartment with rooftop!
    Thanks Rob. Will definitely check that out.

You are aware that (on the basis of what you have posted here) you will be an illegal immigrant and liable to jail and then deportation at any time?

threads like this wouldn't be the same without you, pdlm

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    You are aware that (on the basis of what you have posted here) you will be an illegal immigrant and liable to jail and then deportation at any time?
    I will be getting an extended visitor visa and a work visa is in progress.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3