Like Tree26Likes

Where would you prefer to live?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Hmm, the only place that freaked me out in Australia was Cooktown, North Queensland. What a totally weird place!

Quote Originally Posted by Satay Sue
    Hmm, the only place that freaked me out in Australia was Cooktown, North Queensland. What a totally weird place!
    I managed pubs in Sydney and at night you have to barricade yourself in to stop the hold ups, last I heard they started coming into the pubs while they were open and robbing everyone at gunpoint...

Quote Originally Posted by bryant.english
    I managed pubs in Sydney and at night you have to barricade yourself in to stop the hold ups, last I heard they started coming into the pubs while they were open and robbing everyone at gunpoint...
    Sorry I didn't mean to sound like I was incredulous, was just pondering.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Koala
    Have a look at the Turkish inheritance low on the web.
    Really, WTF. You are concerned about Turkey because of inheritance laws (presumably you want all your husband's cash if he kicks the bucket and don't want his parents to get any)? Are you planning on relocating perminently? If not, the logical solution is to keep most of your assets out of Turkey. You can also circumvent the default inheritance laws through a series of legal steps... not a big deal, and as others have pointed out a very strange concern when moving somewhere...

maybe she's meaning

"Where would you prefer to die?"

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Koala
    What is WTF?
    Have a look at the Turkish inheritance low on the web.
    I read the Herald every day this is how I know about the crime rate.
    Housing? Bigger, cheaper all over the country -- in Australia --

I love Hong Kong too.
    WTF stands for "deary me"

Quote Originally Posted by Char Siu King
    4. Canadian governments insistence on importing poverty. 5. Road rage. 6. Alcohol monopolies. 7. Racism outside outside of the biggest cities. 8. Isolated from the rest of the world. 9. Snow. 10. Gangs in urban areas
    what about filthy overpriced food/restaurants?

Quote Originally Posted by dipper
    Since I am free to live anywhere I like and I'm living in Hong Kong then the answer must logically be Hong Kong. If, all things considered, I preferred to live somewhere else then presumably I would be living there.
    What he said.

Quote Originally Posted by Satay Sue
    Is it really that bad? what kind of level are we talking about here?
    No. It's not. There are a few rough areas in most of the cities, the odd homeless person or aboriginal who can get nasty if drunk and a low level of generic crime as seen in most countries such as burglary etc. Murders are a national headline, ditto rape. I feel very safe almost everyone in Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by bryant.english
    Which pubs did you manage Bryant? been to a fair few.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast