Like Tree3Likes

Tsing Yi ? Isn't it the best place to live in NT

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

If you have kids and are interested... I'm opening a playgroup and tutorial centre just 3 minutes from Tsing Yi MTR station. PM me and I'll be happy to pass on the information.

Thanks,
    Cara

[QUOTE=goleoboy;175321]I totally agree, I'm not sure about walking into a crowded mall everytime I step outside my building... it's like living in an office building. I think in HK it would be best to be somewhat 'away' from it all - or else you'll get exhausted... because TY is a transportation hub for the area - why not choose other places around/accessible to TY instead? (vs. living AT the hub)..

Agree with you goleoboy - and I am doing exactly that. In the evening on my way back home from Central to SHam Tseng, I hop on the MTR to Tsing Yi then catch a mini-bus to ST - in 40 min door to door.

actually we're looking to buy a place this year and looking seriously at TY. At the rate the local real estate prices have been going up... we need to be realistic and TY seems to be a good option. Instead of Tierra Verde though, we are seriously looking at the complex next to the Maritime Square... it's call something-espanada or something... it's 5 minutes walk to the MTR but MUCH quieter and manageable. Also we do really like the convienience of Maritime Square now that the P&Shop converted to Taste... much more variety and selection. We're looking min 900+ sq and the Espanada-complex offers much more efficient layout than Tierra Verde. Still looking so any suggestion would be great...

btw, looked also at Olympic...great location but ridiculously expensive for what you get in terms of living space... we are a couple and will kill eachother if we lived there - not to mention we can't own dogs there.

i love my place in tsing yi.
    cheap, conveniently located next to mtr and fast easy access to the city and deeper in the NT.

Quote Originally Posted by goleoboy
    Instead of Tierra Verde though, we are seriously looking at the complex next to the Maritime Square... it's call something-espanada or something... it's 5 minutes walk to the MTR but MUCH quieter and manageable. Also we do really like the convienience of Maritime Square now that the P&Shop converted to Taste... much more variety and selection. We're looking min 900+ sq and the Espanada-complex offers much more efficient layout than Tierra Verde. Still looking so any suggestion would be great...
    Isn't that Villa Espanada? We had some friends who lived there before they left HK. I adored it and, were it not for my husband's work being in Kowloon, we probably would've chosen it over Laguna Verde in Hung Hom (where we live now).

VE is much quieter than TV, and the walk takes you out of the Maritime Plaza complex, which is nice. Now that P&S has switched to Taste, it seems like an even better deal... too bad there's no Jusco.

I wouldn't pick Tsing Yi. It's more like a old blue-collar neighborhood. I would pick Tsuen Wan over Tsing Yi anytime.

ID2

It's a convenient place for access to Central and the airport; the plaza there, Maritime Square is pretty good too. They do have a Taste but the queues often seem frustratingly long...

As someone who commutes in and out of TY sometimes, I feel it's rather more crowded than I'm comfortable with, there are definitely loads of commuters during rush hour... Off peak, the trains are pretty infrequent compared to say, the Tsuen Wan or Kwun Tong MTR lines.

There's an ESF kindy there so I'm wondering about that comment re. not many expats. in TY... I'm not aware there are many expats in nearby areas like Lai Chi Kok, Kwai Fong, Lai King etc. I suppose students tend to come from Olympic, the Gold Coast, DB and Park Island...although of course the ESF caters to a lot of local students too...

Quote Originally Posted by ucdavis08
    I wouldn't pick Tsing Yi. It's more like a old blue-collar neighborhood. I would pick Tsuen Wan over Tsing Yi anytime.
    Are you kidding me? I would consider Tsuen Wan way more "blue collar" than Tsing Yi... It's much more crowded over there, the pollution's worse. I agree we have a lovely view of the ship yard, but I just think it's one of the best views of the city; a truly unique perspective.
    Loz_2 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gypsy3x4
    Are you kidding me? I would consider Tsuen Wan way more "blue collar" than Tsing Yi... It's much more crowded over there, the pollution's worse. I agree we have a lovely view of the ship yard, but I just think it's one of the best views of the city; a truly unique perspective.
    If you look at how much the apartments in average cost at Tsuen Wan and Tsing Yi, then you will have to agree w/ me. Don't forget the public housing in Tsing Yi is overwhelming

Quote Originally Posted by ucdavis08
    I wouldn't pick Tsing Yi. It's more like a old blue-collar neighborhood.
    Yes, it used to be, but not since they built the Airport Express and associated malls and podium developments.

I wouldn't live in a place like that because it's a bit like being a bee in a hive... every apartment, shop, walkway and facility is owned and managed by the same one company.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast