Like Tree3Likes

Tsing Yi ? Isn't it the best place to live in NT

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

How is the way to get from Tsing Yi to Park Island? Is there a ferry that can take you directly?

Quote Originally Posted by chateau
    How is the way to get from Tsing Yi to Park Island? Is there a ferry that can take you directly?
    You can catch the Park Island Shuttle from Tsing Yi MTR Station.

Thanks. Is that actually a shuttle (mini bus), or is it a larger bus? I presume the shuttle comes regularly (every 5 or ten minutes, or what?)

I love tsing yi so much! I lived in Tierra verde for abt 2years, and I loved coming home after a long day's work. Living in tsing yi is so relaxing, we used to go for walks along the promenade after dinner every evening. I used to like watching the dancers near the market.

There's a bus service downstairs, by quality healthcare and where 711 is.

Thanks. Is that actually a shuttle (mini bus), or is it a larger bus? I presume the shuttle comes regularly (every 5 or ten minutes, or what?)
    It's a large single deck bus and the schedule is quite frequent during rush hours. You can check it out here

Park Island Transport Company Ltd.

Got it. Thanks. I usually travelled to Park Island by ferry from Central, but I might also consider to to try from Ysing Yi by MTR, and then the shuttle. I have been to Tsing Yi before and thought is was quite nice. Good shopping mall, and nice along the waterfront.

Mind you, if there's a typhoon warning out the bus service from TY to PI is a war zone. It normally takes 15-20 minutes if I am not wrong (excluding the waiting), but in this case it might take you hours and a lot of fighting to actually get on a bus.

Quote Originally Posted by 100LL
    Mind you, if there's a typhoon warning out the bus service from TY to PI is a war zone. It normally takes 15-20 minutes if I am not wrong (excluding the waiting), but in this case it might take you hours and a lot of fighting to actually get on a bus.
    I think thats probably the case anywhere in HK. I have tried catching a taxi or bus from Central during a typhoon warning, and it was as you say, very hectic and difficult to get one.

I think thats probably the case anywhere in HK. I have tried catching a taxi or bus from Central during a typhoon warning, and it was as you say, very hectic and difficult to get one.
    No it's not the same. The terminal used by the Park Island shuttle bus at Maritime Square in Tsing Yi is also used by shuttle buses to other estates and while people went berserk at the PI bus stop not so at other ones (with less people). I am not sure how often that occurs I am just saying.

To other estates you can take taxis, mini buses, public buses, private cars, scooters or just walk in worst case, while on PI you have to rely on the ferry and shuttle bus exclusively. If the ferry stops service, you are doomed.

I'd be very pissed if I try to get home after work and it takes me half a day. I know, force majeure, but living somewhere near an MTR (such as Tsing Yi) or public bus station makes life a little easier.

If living on tsing yi what would be the
    Best way to commute to tuen mun? Any ideas how long it would take?
    We wre moving to hk soon and scouting around for ideas on where to live. Work is in tuen mun.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast