Like Tree3Likes

Tsing Yi ? Isn't it the best place to live in NT

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

This is not specific to tsing yi (because it doesn't fall into this category) but some of the responses/ the general focus on living in expat communities, or expat friendly areas.

Am I the only expat who has no intention of living in an 'expat community'? I feel like these communities force prices up unreasonably, and create an environment whereby you're very unlikely to integrate into HK culture in any way. Perhaps this is seen as a perk for some people who feel there's too much of a culture difference? But I feel part of the reason locals get given negative 'feedback' is a lack of effort to mix and learn about the culture we live in. I think until you've made an asserted attempt to understand a culture, criticising it is nothing but hypocritical.

Also there are times when I just want to go home and relax and bumping into a group of expat 'acquaintances' could lead to all sorts of alcohol related injuries!

Last edited by justjoe86; 04-06-2011 at 12:39 PM.

Original Post Deleted
    Haha you got me on the last point but it took a certain amount of integration into HK to end up marrying a Chinese girl! I met her here.

[QUOTE=justjoe86;1534277]

Am I the only expat who has no intention of living in an 'expat community'?

[QUOTE]

I live where I like \
    Never looked whether it was more expat or more local. I am more focusing on the flat, size, amenities, view and transport, expat or not is irrelevant to me

Any decent rentals in Tsing Yi for 6-8K?

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6