Like Tree3Likes

$8000K per month for a serviced apt. on HK Island? (repeat question)

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

to give you an idea what the prices are on HK ISland: my friend stayed in Fraser Suites in Wan Chai for 30K per month 400 ft

I often wonder just how much money these expats waste... There Are furnished studios available for that! I paid 7000 for mine... It was in CWB, small but doable. Hardly luxurious but clean and central. Think it was City Loft or something. All the best!

Thanks

Thanks all of you especially those of you who said it's do-able. I know it's do-able and I'm prepared for the small spaces (I've to HK 5 times already for 77 days so I know a tiny bit about the place already).

I'm planning to trade small space for location for the time being.

I don't think I'll be able to rent a real apt. on a tourist visa which is why I'm going this route until I get a job, visa sponsor, etc.

Additionally, I should add that I am prepared to pay close to 10,000K per month if necessary but I'm determined to find something for 8K

Try Urban Cube CWB (nr Times Sq) - visited a friend who stayed there last July and his room was very nice/clean for the price.
    Apologies as can't remember the exact price but it was just under $8K and this included housekeeping once a wk. The size of the rm was ok as it housed a double bed, seperate work desk, wardrobe and the shower was seperate from the toilet (not overhead like in some places). The only prob was the shower curtain was mouldy but was replaced when he complained.

He was here on vacation so complained that his neighbours were not (ie not very social people)- the majority of them actually lived in them as apparently it worked out cheaper than to rent actual flats!

Hope this helps!

Thanks again

Thank you for those specifics on Urban Cube.

I already have one place lined up to visit. I will add Urban Cube to the list of places I should visit in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by kenixfan:
    Thank you for those specifics on Urban Cube.

I already have one place lined up to visit. I will add Urban Cube to the list of places I should visit in that area.
    How was your stay, and would you recommend it?

Thanks.

If you like living in a shoe box then Urban Cube is for you!

Good price $6-$7k.

How big (small?) is it??

Quote Originally Posted by Satay Sue:
    How big (small?) is it??
    Oh I don't know. Maybe 100-120 sq. feet.