Like Tree46Likes

Where to live for HK$20,000-25,000

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bookblogger
    All of West Kowloon is like that, a huge planning failure. I don't know why anyone would want to live in towers on a massive podium surrounded by highways, with no life at street level.

So easy to tar it. Have you actually been to Tai Kok Tsui?

Of course, and I like the old part, but not the new developments.

Not really. Try to walk from Elements to any neighbouring district.
    That's just Elements and a few new developments.
    You're implying that all of West Kowloon is like that.

OP Ignore Randy's advice about Park Island. The commute is longer than your criteria.
    And there's literally nothing to do there.

Not really. Try to walk from Elements to any neighbouring district.
    I regularly walk from Elements to Jordan, Mongkok or Tsim Sha Tsui. Not sure what you are trying to say. You might think of it as a planning failure but seems the tens of thousands of residents are happy to live there. As for your claim it's isolated, well I guess it is isolated apart from being able to walk to neighbouring districts, catch the MTR, catch the Airport Express or take dozens of buses from the bus station. Or catch taxi's or maxicabs.

Are you saying it's isolated because it doesn't have a boat or helicopter service?

Quote Originally Posted by randy1
    I think park island would be an excellent choice. For your price range you can get 3 brms 2 bathrooms maids room balcony and ocean views. Wonderful
    Facilities. A really nice mix of expats. Playrooms
    For kids.
    Strange suggestion given he rejected DB on the basis of it being "too remote"!

I think park island would be an excellent choice. For your price range you can get 3 brms 2 bathrooms maids room balcony and ocean views. Wonderful
    Facilities. A really nice mix of expats. Playrooms
    For kids.
    Falling prices too

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit
    Falling prices too
    Hehe nice one.

With his budget of 20-25K, and wanting a nice place, 3brms etc, I think PI is the best option. Where else is really realistic and nice, for that price on HK island?

With his budget of 20-25K, and wanting a nice place, 3brms etc, I think PI is the best option. Where else is really realistic and nice, for that price on HK island?
    You didn't read the OP's post (and as someone else said) if they think DB is remote then how are they going to enjoy Park Island??

Park Island isn't within the specified commute time to his office. What happened to you promosing to show up every 3 months and posting the continously rising prices of property here?

Looks like new mortgage rates are going up sharply despite your (false) assertion that low rates in the US would ensure low rates for years here. As I posted multiple times, the switch into RMB is leaving many banks underfunded with HKD and they are having to raise rates to stay profitable. It takes time to bite but bite it will.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast