Like Tree46Likes

Where to live for HK$20,000-25,000

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Satay Sue:
    We're in Mid-levels, Mr SS's office is close to Center, on Queen's Road Central. By foot, 9 mins, has done it in 3 mins in a taxi (obviously early morning!)
    And what are you paying for rent there?

None of your business!

edit: Sorry OP, my reply doesn't really help you but I was responding to Randy's comment that a commute from Mid-levels may take longer than from Park Island!

Last edited by Satay Sue; 11-11-2011 at 01:43 PM.
    luckycat and SiuMaiTaiTai like this.

SS doesn't pay rent. Whever she moves, she just buys the entire building innit.

justjoe86 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Satay Sue:
    None of your business!

edit: Sorry OP, my reply doesn't really help you but I was responding to Randy's comment that a commute from Mid-levels may take longer than from Park Island!
    OK - let me rephrase the question - what would an "annonyomous person" pay to live where you are living? The point being that the OP has a budget of 20-25K for accomodation of a certain size and a certain number of bedrooms etc (read the original posting, they key parts of which I will set out for you):

-We would ideally like 3 bedrooms, or at a minimum, 2 bedrooms with some kind of additional maid's room. If we could have a 2nd bathroom that would be a (valued) advantage.

- If we could have a gym in the building that would be an advantage, but less interested in other clubhouse type facilities.

- It is important for us that the apartment is in good condition and kitchen/bathrooms nicely fitted out.
    Last edited by randy1; 11-11-2011 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by randy1:
    OK - let me rephrase the question - what would an "annonyomous person" pay to live where you are living? The point being that the OP has a budget of 20-25K for accomodation of a certain size and a certain number of bedrooms etc (read the original posting, they key parts of which I will set out for you):

-We would ideally like 3 bedrooms, or at a minimum, 2 bedrooms with some kind of additional maid's room. If we could have a 2nd bathroom that would be a (valued) advantage.

- If we could have a gym in the building that would be an advantage, but less interested in other clubhouse type facilities.

- It is important for us that the apartment is in good condition and kitchen/bathrooms nicely fitted out.
    As I stated, my reply was not to the OP but to you. You brought up the subject of Mid-levels.
    Also, OP wanted a commute within 30 minutes which living on Park Island would not have.
    Last edited by Satay Sue; 11-11-2011 at 02:11 PM.

Mid levels west- Bonham Terrace, 680 sq foot, 3 bed for $23000 a month.
    No clubhouse.

Dragon court and reading place in mid levels, 880 sq ft and 3 bed for $26000.
    Again no clubhouse.

These are all old buildings as opposed to newer ones in Olympic/ tai Kok Tsui in Kowloon which will have clubhouse facilities.

Original Post Deleted
    Right - I do know, so let me tell you - All the places I have that rent between 20-25K in mid levels are between 600 sqft to 750 sqft. One 750 Sqft place I have that rents for 26K, has 1 brm, one bathroom, (but it is very nicely rennovated and has nice views). But its not really suitable for a family with a child - its more of a place suited for a young single person.

Talking about proximity to work is all fine and good, but not of much help unless you can provide her with accomodation that meets her requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by randy1:
    Right - I do know, so let me tell you - All the places I have that rent between 20-25K in mid levels are between 600 sqft to 750 sqft. One 750 Sqft place I have that rents for 26K, has 1 brm, one bathroom, (but it is very nicely rennovated and has nice views). But its not really suitable for a family with a child - its more of a place suited for a young single person.

Talking about proximity to work is all fine and good, but not of much help unless you can provide her with accomodation that meets her requirements.
    Like a short commute. I'll say it again - I didn't advise the OP to move there, I was replying to your silly comment about a difficult commute from Mid-levels.

Read my comment again. Excatly what I have said about commuting from the Mid Levels often occurs. Caine Road, Bonham Road, Robinson Rd, Conduit Rd, etc. Anyone who lives there will have experienced it.

All of which is irrelevant to the OP. I accept that, like in many areas of HK, it is sometimes difficult to get a taxi there. But if you live in West Mid-levels, if you need to get to Center you shouldn't need a taxi or bus. Repeat, 9 minute walk.
    Oh, and Mr SS could still get to work during a T8 by the way.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast