Like Tree46Likes

Where to live for HK$20,000-25,000

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast

Mid levels west- Bonham Terrace, 680 sq foot, 3 bed for $23000 a month.
    No clubhouse.

Dragon court and reading place in mid levels, 880 sq ft and 3 bed for $26000.
    Again no clubhouse.

These are all old buildings as opposed to newer ones in Olympic/ tai Kok Tsui in Kowloon which will have clubhouse facilities.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit:
    Given you claim to own over a dozen properties in Mid-Levels I would have thought you might have known.
    Right - I do know, so let me tell you - All the places I have that rent between 20-25K in mid levels are between 600 sqft to 750 sqft. One 750 Sqft place I have that rents for 26K, has 1 brm, one bathroom, (but it is very nicely rennovated and has nice views). But its not really suitable for a family with a child - its more of a place suited for a young single person.

Talking about proximity to work is all fine and good, but not of much help unless you can provide her with accomodation that meets her requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by randy1:
    Right - I do know, so let me tell you - All the places I have that rent between 20-25K in mid levels are between 600 sqft to 750 sqft. One 750 Sqft place I have that rents for 26K, has 1 brm, one bathroom, (but it is very nicely rennovated and has nice views). But its not really suitable for a family with a child - its more of a place suited for a young single person.

Talking about proximity to work is all fine and good, but not of much help unless you can provide her with accomodation that meets her requirements.
    Like a short commute. I'll say it again - I didn't advise the OP to move there, I was replying to your silly comment about a difficult commute from Mid-levels.

Read my comment again. Excatly what I have said about commuting from the Mid Levels often occurs. Caine Road, Bonham Road, Robinson Rd, Conduit Rd, etc. Anyone who lives there will have experienced it.

All of which is irrelevant to the OP. I accept that, like in many areas of HK, it is sometimes difficult to get a taxi there. But if you live in West Mid-levels, if you need to get to Center you shouldn't need a taxi or bus. Repeat, 9 minute walk.
    Oh, and Mr SS could still get to work during a T8 by the way.

PS - as for your comment about galloping from IFC to Central, I thought you were a house-wife, not a horse!

Deleted ..

Last edited by Satay Sue; 11-11-2011 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Not worth it

randy - i like it when you're around because you make me seem so normal.

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:
    randy - i like it when you're around because you make me seem so normal.
    I'm sure that is not possible - even Andy the Acrobatic Aardvark couldn't do that

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    I'm sure that is not possible - even Andy the Acrobatic Aardvark couldn't do that
    I tried to predict what your reply was. My guess was "That's exactly why I like it when you're around jj"

I thought we'd end up with a gradient of such replies, from supremely abnormal randy all the way down to... wait a minute... Who's normal on this forum?

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast