Like Tree46Likes

Where to live for HK$20,000-25,000

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86
    I tried to predict what your reply was. My guess was "That's exactly why I like it when you're around jj"

I thought we'd end up with a gradient of such replies, from supremely abnormal randy all the way down to... wait a minute... Who's normal on this forum?
    Bet you didn't guess Andy the Acrobatic Aardvark!
    justjoe86 likes this.

bdw

Did anyone happen to browse this thread between 2:32pm and 2:35pm (after SS posted her comment but before she deleted it)? Can anyone guess what she might have said to Randy? I hear Shri will give $500 worth of book vouchers to anyone who guesses correctly

justjoe86 and SiuMaiTaiTai like this.

LOL, you'll never know

bdw likes this.

I like what bdw is doing here Let me guess...

Did ss say "Randy1, you make me randy2"

?

bookblogger likes this.

I suspect it was more like "that was a completely uncalled for and stupid comment"

I think my guess is much more likely.

(In truth, I was here, and I pretty much remember the post word for word, for some unknown reason. It included one word which was both underlined and in bold. Like this...

Now that is fighting talk!)

Last edited by justjoe86; 11-11-2011 at 03:50 PM.

Describe words

Quote Originally Posted by bookblogger
    All of West Kowloon is like that, a huge planning failure. I don't know why anyone would want to live in towers on a massive podium surrounded by highways, with no life at street level.
    I live in Island Harbourview and enjoy it. convenient for all the shops in the malls. the streets are quiet and good for pushing prams, jogging, etc . buses and mtr to take me wherever I want to go. if I want to get to tai kok tsui and experience that mythical "life at street level" - and I don't very often, frankly - then I can do so with a walk of less than five minutes.

not sure what it is I am meant to dislike?

I think it is a bit of a myth that you can't walk from Elements to the surrounding areas to be honest. No idea why someone would think that - maybe they saw it prior to all the infrastructure being built, before the connecting roads were constructed or something? I had a nice dinner in Temple Street before strolling back home today.

Mat

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit
    I think it is a bit of a myth that you can't walk from Elements to the surrounding areas to be honest. No idea why someone would think that - maybe they saw it prior to all the infrastructure being built, before the connecting roads were constructed or something? I had a nice dinner in Temple Street before strolling back home today.
    They can, just it isn't super pleasant w all the construction going on nearby.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast