Like Tree46Likes

Where to live for HK$20,000-25,000

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

No construction going on in the evenings little Mat. Half of Hong Kong is being redeveloped anyway, you can't walk more than a few hundred metres in most urban areas without seeing cranes and bamboo scaffolding all over the place.

Mat

Oh sorry forgot everyone only walk at night and that only the noise is disruptive. My apologies of course......hmmm

Apology accepted my little friend.

how about something in Kennedy town? or is that too far out? u can get the tram in and that only takes what 15 mins?

( its been a while since I was there at 8-9 am tho.. )

Trams are like sardine tins at that time of day. Bus services are good though.

Trams are pretty hot for at least half the year too.. Not so great without air con in the summer months.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit:
    I think it is a bit of a myth that you can't walk from Elements to the surrounding areas to be honest. No idea why someone would think that - maybe they saw it prior to all the infrastructure being built, before the connecting roads were constructed or something? I had a nice dinner in Temple Street before strolling back home today.
    Well, I generally avoid Elements, but last time I was there, I had to get from Elements to the West Kowloon promenade. To avoid two half-mile detours along highways, which is the signposted route, I had to climb over a concrete highway divider. Everyone else was doing the same -- in fact a clear trail has been marked out through the shrubs on either side by thousands of footprints.

For pedestrians, the district is a disgrace. I'm sure it's great if you have a BMW though, and let's face it, Hong Kong is planned these days for car drivers.
    MovingIn07 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bookblogger:
    Well, I generally avoid Elements, but last time I was there, I had to get from Elements to the West Kowloon promenade. To avoid two half-mile detours along highways, which is the signposted route, I had to climb over a concrete highway divider. Everyone else was doing the same -- in fact a clear trail has been marked out through the shrubs on either side by thousands of footprints.

For pedestrians, the district is a disgrace. I'm sure it's great if you have a BMW though, and let's face it, Hong Kong is planned these days for car drivers.
    Well, having lived here for 18 months I couldn't disagree more. No idea why you needed to climb over a concrete divider to get to the Promenade - we've been half a dozen times and never needed to do so. Maybe you went there at an interim stage where pedestrians were temporarily re-routed for some construction reason?

Quite apart from that, the top of Elements is largely free from commercial traffic - no lorries, buses or through traffic so it's a nice area for pedestrians and children..... and if you want to walk to neighbouring districts you have the choice of doing so at street level or on the overhead walkways - like you have in Central and Mongkok. Not sure what you find so offensive about it!

Mat

yes it's a dreamy place and I guess no issue for the OP to find a 20k flat for 3 ppl in Elements area...

i've only ever driven there - but I did notice the elevated walk ways.. - they look like the motorway of the pedestrian world - so long and straight that u think u can the horizon.

I suppose it is a mico-ecosystem in its self.. ( has a great and a few restaurants/bakery's ) and some good shopping - from budget to silly to prices... ( H+M and Zara to luxury labels.. )

not sure about schools and such tho.

and its close to the Kowloon cultural centre

I wouldnt fancy living there tho..

for my 20-25 I might go and get myself a good villiage house around the clear water bay road - and drive in - commute be dammed!

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast