Like Tree46Likes

Where to live for HK$20,000-25,000

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast

Where to live for HK$20,000-25,000

We are a couple in our early 30s with a 6 month old baby -- moving to Hong Kong from London in the next couple of months.

Our accommodation budget is currently HK$20-25K, and I would appreciate some advice on what we might get for this, and what areas to consider. Our criteria are:

- I will work in Central (in a building called The Center) and would prefer not to have a commute longer than 30 minutes
    - I would prefer an area where English is reasonably understood and there are some western style supermarkets and access to private doctors/GPs
    - we would ideally like 3 bedrooms, or at a minimum, 2 bedrooms with some kind of additional maid's room. If we could have a 2nd bathroom that would be a (valued) advantage
    - if we could have a gym in the building that would be an advantage, but less interested in other clubhouse type facilities
    - it is important for us that the apartment is in good condition and kitchen/bathrooms nicely fitted out

Areas I have read about that sound interesting are Happy Valley, Pokfulam, Kowloon Station, Olympic Station. The Mid-levels and Repulse Bay sound like they will be too expensive. Discovery Bay sounds like good value for money, but a bit too remote for our liking.

Any thoughts on (1) whether it is possible to get all of the above in my price range and (2) what areas to consider?

Thanks very much for any advice you can give!

Look at Caine Road, Robinson Road, Bonham Road in Mid Level. Wanchai, Happy Valley also should meet your requirement.

Olympic

Florient Rise is at the top end of your budget. $25k a month for an 836 square foot 3 bedroom apartment. One bathroom though and the third bedroom will be small.

One Silversea also by Olympic will be similar.

Creative83 and lucy2003 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Olympic

Florient Rise is at the top end of your budget. $25k a month for an 836 square foot 3 bedroom apartment. One bathroom though and the third bedroom will be small.

Totally agree with Olympic. People unable to comprehend English isn't that big of a deal actually.

The list oldtimer pointed out tailor towards having a somewhat established expat community, which Olympic isn't one.

Your budget & requirement really matches Olympic with its newer developments.
    Last edited by Creative83; 08-11-2011 at 09:42 PM. Reason: confused OP's post with oldtimer
    jimbo likes this.

There are some roomy,airy places going under the HSBC in Central.Nice community,very convenient for work

Sent from my MZ601 using GeoClicks Mobile

Olympic

One Silversea is isolated by a road with container truck traffic. You'd be relying on the shuttle bus to OC. If you decide to walk it, your pram would have to negotiate stairs, twice.

Look at Island Harbourview, Park Avenue, Florient Rise.

Or look further down the Tung Chung Line.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidTC:
    One Silversea is isolated by a road with container truck traffic. You'd be relying on the shuttle bus to OC. If you decide to walk it, your pram would have to negotiate stairs, twice.
    All of West Kowloon is like that, a huge planning failure. I don't know why anyone would want to live in towers on a massive podium surrounded by highways, with no life at street level.
    emx likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bookblogger:
    All of West Kowloon is like that, a huge planning failure. I don't know why anyone would want to live in towers on a massive podium surrounded by highways, with no life at street level.
    Bit of an exaggeration there.

I think park island would be an excellent choice. For your price range you can get 3 brms 2 bathrooms maids room balcony and ocean views. Wonderful
    Facilities. A really nice mix of expats. Playrooms
    For kids.

Not really. Try to walk from Elements to any neighbouring district.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast