We are a couple in our early 30s with a 6 month old baby -- moving to Hong Kong from London in the next couple of months.
Our accommodation budget is currently HK$20-25K, and I would appreciate some advice on what we might get for this, and what areas to consider. Our criteria are:
- I will work in Central (in a building called The Center) and would prefer not to have a commute longer than 30 minutes
- I would prefer an area where English is reasonably understood and there are some western style supermarkets and access to private doctors/GPs
- we would ideally like 3 bedrooms, or at a minimum, 2 bedrooms with some kind of additional maid's room. If we could have a 2nd bathroom that would be a (valued) advantage
- if we could have a gym in the building that would be an advantage, but less interested in other clubhouse type facilities
- it is important for us that the apartment is in good condition and kitchen/bathrooms nicely fitted out
Areas I have read about that sound interesting are Happy Valley, Pokfulam, Kowloon Station, Olympic Station. The Mid-levels and Repulse Bay sound like they will be too expensive. Discovery Bay sounds like good value for money, but a bit too remote for our liking.
Any thoughts on (1) whether it is possible to get all of the above in my price range and (2) what areas to consider?
Thanks very much for any advice you can give!