Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dipper

Apartment for 6000 HKD along Ma O Shan line

Closed Thread

Apartment for 6000 HKD along Ma O Shan line

Am a student (south asian) attached to the Prince of Wales Hospital and am looking for accommodation for 3 years well, and as usual on a tight budget and maximun I can spend on housing in HKD 6000 thought I'd preffer to spend about 5000. Singleroom/ studio type apartment with good security anywhere along the Ma O Shan line or walking distance/ one bus from the Prince of Walse Hospital. Which housing complexes should I look at... All suggestions are welcome. Flat sharing is not an option
    Thank you in advance...

It's going to have to be an option for only $5-6000 budget

I disagree - I'm fairly sure there are places where you can get a floor of a village house for that. I have a friend who just got a completely (nicely) renovated top floor + exclusive roof for $8000, 6 or 7 mins walk from Yuen Long MTR (not useful for the OP, I realise). I guess the middle floor wouldn't have been much more than $6K, and that's as a new renovation.

you could consider looking for village houses in the villages past Ma on Shan on the road that heads to Sai Kung. There is a minibus that connects to the Ma On Shan line and I suspect that area is pretty cheap, as well as being really nice.

Just look at older buildings and smaller local agencies, can't see it being a problem. Start near the hospital and work your way out if necessary.

Even Square Foot has something not far off but most of the small agencies/cheap places won't be listed online.
    Golden Lion Gdn Ph 01 Apartments / Flats / Units for rent in Shatin, New Territories, REF # 8697012 - Square Foot

bookblogger likes this.

Thanks for the inputs everyone. I did go to a few places with my local colleagues today. Insides were not very good. So still house hungting, I thought of increasing the max rental to HKD7000 and see how it goes. I know that for all the bills it would cost another 1000 or so. And then if I really scrape through with food I'll be able to manage. I don't spend much on things like shopping, outing etc. The corridors of the places I went today are very narrow!!! And walls were very flimsy and the doors of the apartments didn't look very secure. Unfortunately, some of the better ones had two bedrooms and I do not want to take those up for maintainance reasons... Thanks a lot for the suggestions