Help me choose....driving me crazy :)

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help me choose....driving me crazy :)

Well, after seeing nearly 30 properties I've narrowed my search down to two that I'd happily lease.

1st is in Kennedy Road, a bit off the beaten track (I work in 2IFC) but only a 10min cab ride away. Views are great, greenery and buildings both in the distance, actually nothing directly facing the building or even close. 2 bed, nice size, and a fantastic roof terrace (a very large one) on the top of the building (36th floor) commanding amazing views.

2nd property is a 3 bed, 2 bath in Zenith, wanchai. Excellent decor, very spacious, brand new etc etc.

I can't decide ! I like living centrally, but then again love the views from the terrace in Kennedy Road, both feel roomy, spacious. If anything I don't need 2 bathrooms in the Zenith, or a 3rd bedroom, but its nice to have for when family & friends visit.

I can't separate the two

I think u should choose the 3rd --- discovery bay...haha

Roof terrace .... get a grill and throw a party and don't forget to invite us.

Kennedy Road.

I'm assuming that this is someone else's money you're spending (otherwise my advice would be to come downmarket and put a lot of extra cash into your pocket - a single person can get a perfectly good place, well-located for $20K or so)...

In that case I'd say it depends on your social life. If you want and expect to be out boozing most nights then go for Wanchai - it gives you a lot more flexibility in terms of quickly popping home to get changed or whatever without it feeling like a major effort to go out again. You won't always find it trivial to get a taxi on Kennedy Road in peak periods, whereas in Wanchai there is abundant public transport.

I'd go with Kennedy Road for the roof terrace, view and quieter environment. To each their own though eh?

No, its my money I'm spending. Both properties are in the $22-$24 range. (Managed to get the landlord to take $3k off the price of the Zenith as he wanted a gweilo (apparently we're better behaved tenants......)

None of the gweilos I see in Wanchai is being very well-behaved (at least, not after about 9pm)

But how many square feet do you get in the Zenith for 24K? 3-bed 2 bath and "spacious" means 1200+? For $24K???

Edit - the ads I see say 869 gross. With 3 beds 2 baths that is not "very spacious" by my definition - can you get even a double bed in any of the bedrooms, never mind a king (which you'll want living in Wanchai )?

Last edited by PDLM; 15-08-2007 at 06:19 PM.

I use the term spacious loosly, but its got a spacious feel compared to the other places Ive seen.

Zenith is 860sqf - but far better utilisation than most other apts I've seen, although appreciate the ratio isn't fantastic when its a brand new build.

how long are you going to sit on the roof? 10 minutes? OK, I would not worry about getting a cab and there are light buses whizzing along Kennedy Road, but, but... Wanchai is nearer the action and life of HK so I would go for that option without hesitation.

Wanchai... and get a lodger!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast