The con's of Pok Fu Lam

Closed Thread

The con's of Pok Fu Lam

Hi -

I've been looking at an apartment in Mount Davis Road which feels right to me.

My wiser half hasn't arrived yet, but I suspect if I want it I need to move fast.

Here are the con's of living out there as I see it - just want to know if I have missed anything:

* infrequent public transport (or is it?)
    * bit of a commute
    * no shops nearby, or certainly not near by HK standards.

Anything?

Leon

Quote Originally Posted by kiffguy:
    Hi -

I've been looking at an apartment in Mount Davis Road which feels right to me.

My wiser half hasn't arrived yet, but I suspect if I want it I need to move fast.

Here are the con's of living out there as I see it - just want to know if I have missed anything:

* infrequent public transport (or is it?)
    * bit of a commute
    * no shops nearby, or certainly not near by HK standards.

Anything?

Leon
    "KnowItAll" stays there . so you ll have to careful while posting anything here

Mt Davies is a bit of a pain to be honest.

Belair and Baguio Villas are better connected to Central and have decent supermarkets / access to the Cyberport Cinemas etc.

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll:
    Mt Davies is a bit of a pain to be honest.

Belair and Baguio Villas are better connected to Central and have decent supermarkets / access to the Cyberport Cinemas etc.
    Yeah I figured. By the way they accepted my offer, so I am pleased as punch, cause the apartment is so much nicer than the other 50 I looked at.

I saw on a bus route thing that 3A services that area but to be honest I've never seen a 3A in town.

But on the balance, I figured if you are home you want to be happy and it's a very homey place.

Thinking of buying a little run around car for weekends/shopping.

>> Thinking of buying a little run around car for weekends/shopping.

Yeah, pretty much essential if you just want to wander around... Stanley / beaches / Ocean Park / Aberdeen etc are a short drive. Although longer term the car is more expensive than taxis .. but still worth it.