Like Tree1Likes

How many pages is your lease?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How many pages is your lease?

I guess I'm spoiled but I was looking over our lease today and it is 4 pages long total, which includes English and Chinese translations. I then looked at a new lease proposed for a new property and it is 20 pages long, all in English, with a ridiculous number of clauses (it's very landlord friendly). Even had a clause that "tenant agrees to let firemen enter the premises if the building is on fire".

I was just curious--how many pages is your lease?

6, dual English and Chinese. Couple of extra pages for inventory. English version takes precedence in case of mis translation.

Your landlord must have alot of units or is a big company landlord.

They've covered every angle and probably got some clauses in there like no excessive plants on balcony even if you don't have a balcony.

Try getting some of the lease ammended or changed, it will probably not happen they will say take it or leave it.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsix
    I guess I'm spoiled but I was looking over our lease today and it is 4 pages long total, which includes English and Chinese translations. I then looked at a new lease proposed for a new property and it is 20 pages long, all in English, with a ridiculous number of clauses (it's very landlord friendly). Even had a clause that "tenant agrees to let firemen enter the premises if the building is on fire".

I was just curious--how many pages is your lease?
    Mine is also four pages; each section is bilingual. The stamp is an A4 page issued by the government.
    Last edited by paul9; 04-12-2011 at 08:36 PM.

My present one is a few pages long. The previous one was about 30 pages.

For the property I own, I use one about 5 pages long.

Yes, I am posting from an Android phone, got a problem with it?

4, in English

The three past tenancy agreements I have to hand were all basically four pages (the inventory was an extra page in two cases). One was a bilingual standard form with blank sections written by hand, the other two were fully typed and in English only.

Last edited by PDLM; 04-12-2011 at 08:58 PM.

PDLM slightly off topic maybe

You're here permanently I assume since you've retired here, Why are you renting?

I assume he was able to rent his apartment for more:

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo
    PDLM slightly off topic maybe

You're here permanently I assume since you've retired here, Why are you renting?

I'm not at the moment. I referred to my three previous leases when I was. Although I am considering renting out the place I own and moving to somewhere that I could rent for about half of what I get for my place.

Oldtimer likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast