Like Tree3Likes

Moving to hong kong with small kids

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver8550:
    Thanks for the advise, it sounds like you had a bad experience once ?
    no, i have not. they are just NOT trustworthy. they use funky camera angles and such. you REALLY need to see the place first.

also, remember, everything is up for negotiation in hk.

Lot of questions in once...

to try to answer all in 1 :
    We like kowloon tong becauze it is we think a nice place, shopping centers, good schools and kinder garder all arround, quick way to central, lots of expat with kids all around, in the midle of the city, so every thing is near...
    When we first came to Hong Kong we stay at the harbourfront horizon, great place but not when you have kids, kids need more space and a green place to play.
    Therefore we are looking for a house with a small garder near kowloon tong.
    We like to stay home for dinner but also going out, and having a maid or helper i think is a plus, specialy when you have 2 kids and booth parrents have to work.
    Not sure about sai kung, every thing nice but think a bit to far from every thing, not that we have to work in Central but just to do something or visit someone.
    We are haning a company so working for ourself and planing to have a office somewhere but doesn t really mater where... (not far from home or perhaps at home).

Hi Dumbdonkey, Yau tat Chuen and the adjacent areas are the place where we mostly thinking to go.
    Do you live around there ?
    how is it ? expat, rent ?
    Please let me know

there are expats everywhere. you don't really need to worry about being around other "expats".

like i said, sai kung is not for everyone.

if you are going to be working from home or setting up your own company office, then you CAN pretty much live anywhere you want and then just choose a place close by for your office.

the best thing you can do is visit each area and then decide, once you've seen the area and flats available in that area for your budget.

no one can really help you make the decision as what is most important to you may be least important to someone else.

Do you have the actual relevant visa's to live in HK?

yes i do have visa for Hong Kong, no problem with that.

I guess the best like you say carang, is to come to visit different area and then decide.

Hi carang,
    Can you please give me some names of schools and kindergarder in Sai kung ?
    Many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver8550:
    yes i do have visa for Hong Kong, no problem with that.
    Just out of curiosity, which type of visa do you have that enables you to reside here while running your own business?
    Last edited by PDLM; 11-12-2011 at 06:03 AM.

Just wanted to echo Carang in her advice to not rent until you have seen in person. We had a short list of several places before we arrived and thank goodness we didn't agree before we arrived! None of them was anything like we expected, despite the attractive photos on the websites.

bibbju likes this.

new song christian kindergarten
    sai kung lok yuk kindergarten
    SKIP (sai kung international preschool)
    woodlands
    abacus
    leapfrog